ANGRY AT MACRUMORS

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by BakedBeans, Aug 9, 2004.

1. macrumors 68040

BakedBeans

i feel i have to share my displesure with you... its been well over a month since i contributed my hard earned cash to macrumors after several emails and private messages (with no reply) i still havent recieved my demi god status and still can get onto the ad-less sites...

im very very dissapointed....

although i have always said i did it to help the site, but i should also get what was promised...

i feel hard dont by

2. macrumors G4

Mord

shouldent this go into site feedback, not in general apple tech?

but anyway i see your point send a pm to rower cpu or another admin

3. Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

That sucks, time to spam* someones inbox :eek: :D

*do not spam

4. macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Nah, PM their box twice a day. Its not really spam if they're just not answering the PM of a financial contributor to the site. Its not like you're selling them stuff. I wouldn't care about the Demi-God status, but they sold you an ad-less version of MR, and they should have delivered. Hit'em hard. ;)

5. Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Message has been received - we're looking into it. If it makes you feel any better, you're not the only one. There might actually be a problem with the system.

Please be patient and we'll try and get this resolved as soon as possible.

Thanks,

D

6. macrumors 6502

Here on My Mac(s) in my house in the USA!
    I don't believ that happend! I was thinking about contributing money but not for a stautas just becuse of what they do. In had trubles too, I e-mailed about putting a ad for our site in many time and it took 3 weeks for a reply... HUM?

7. macrumors P6

~Shard~

Maybe there were difficulties and delays due to the inability to decipher your spelling and grammar... just a thought... :p ;)

8. thread starter macrumors 68040

BakedBeans

Thanks for the support guys i was expecting flames lol....

and thanks mr a.

i will wait a bit and check back.....

thanks again

9. jsw
    Moderator emeritus

jsw

FWIW, I'm in the same boat. I assume that the membership will start when they add us, not when we paid.

And, like you, I did it to get access to private forums, etc. The whole "Demi-God" thing doesn't particularly appeal to me.

10. macrumors P6

~Shard~

Yah, I'd be in the same boat as you if I were ever to contribute - the status of Demi-God isn't a big deal for me. In fact, I'd prefer to keep my normal status so I can see my rankings continue to go up. Only 3 more years until I'm a G5 I'm predicting! ;) :cool:

11. jsw
    Moderator emeritus

jsw

:)

Actually, it'd be nice to have the option of not getting the "Demi-God" status, or of having it displayed below your "CPU rank".

When I first joined, I was very confused as to what "Demi-God" meant. Took a while to sort that out....

12. macrumors 6502

SolidGun

Where do you get information about becoming a donator/demi-god? I wouldn't mind getting into ad-free page or being called a somewhat lesser god.

13. macrumors P6

~Shard~

You mean a semi-demi-God? Or perhaps quasi-demi-God might be more in your price range... ;)

You can check things out in the "About" section of MacRumors here or by e-mailing the necessary people using this address.

14. Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

15. macrumors 6502

SolidGun

How does one become a moderator then? I am curious because all moderators seems to have "demi-god" status as well.

16. Administrator emeritus

Mudbug

that just means they paid the dues like the rest of the demi-gods.

and Mr. A's right - we're looking into the situation - if you'll hold on a bit for us. We'll make sure that the credit that's coming to you takes place, and it should begin when we flip the switch, not from the time you paid.

Sorry about all of this - should have it sorted out pretty soon.

17. macrumors 6502

SolidGun

Sorry, but I am still interested as to where I can find information about becoming an admin someday.

18. Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

You can't. If and admin is wanted, and the existing admins think you'll fit the role then you will be contacted. You can't buy your way in (well, maybe you can...).

19. macrumors 603

Agreed. "Contributor" for the contributors is better, since it would cut out those references that might offend. wdlove emailed (or messaged by other means) arn about it, and he made an exception for wdlove, and granted him Contributor status for the same privileges.

20. macrumors P6

~Shard~

Be careful when talking like that - Arn might take that as a threat and may ban you for treason. ;)

Patience my young lad - you barely have 100 posts under your belt! Give it a few more years... :cool:

21. macrumors 6502

SolidGun

Sorry again...I meant becoming a moderator, not admin.....
    I guess I could buy my way in.......................

So how does one get invited to become a moderator?

added: this isn't an immediate interest. I know that I only joined, but I am interested as to what I should do in the mean time to take that step towards being a moderator. (Maybe part owner someday ;) )

22. Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

I think it'd be really cool if contributors were given the right to edit their own custom title, it's very easy to give this right in vb3. Go on Arn ;)

23. macrumors 65816

tomf87

24. Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Situation is exactly the same as for admin. If you are wanted you will be asked, otherwise there's nothing you can do.

25. macrumors 6502

SolidGun

Thank you.....I guess I will just get the mug and be happy with that (when it becomes available that is)