Angry Birds Space Missing from Mac App Store

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Harlow, May 8, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

May 8, 2012
    Noticed something really odd the other day when hopping on a a Mac of mine and reinstalling some games - Angry Birds Space - one of the recent best selling Mac games - has gone missing from the Mac App Store! Sure it is still available on the iOS and other platforms, I just found the missing Mac version (for a few days now!) rather befuddling.

Their official site has a dead link where the Mac App Store icon points.

Searching for it in the Mac App Store returns no results.

The previous Angry Birds games are there...

I was just shocked that such a popular app is now unavailable and haven't seen any explanation why! Was it pulled for a bug or some other reason or disagreement? I attempted to contact Rovio support about the issue but have not yet received any response (but it has only been a day...)
  2. macrumors newbie

May 8, 2012
    The game was updated with new levels a few days ago, and a very serious bug occurred in the OS X version that caused all progress to be erased and prevented new progress from being saved.

As a result, Rovio pulled the game entirely to prevent people from updating.
  3. macrumors 68000

Feb 26, 2012
    Michigan/Ohio, USA

Thanks for the info. Its a good thing I didn't update mine. I didn't even know they pushed an update for it.
  4. macrumors member

May 4, 2011
    Sure wish I had known about the bug when I updated the other day before the app was pulled: lost my levels. Fortunately I had not had time to progress very far by then.