'Angry Birds Star Wars II' Launching September 19 Alongside 'Telepods' Interactive Toys

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jul 15, 2013.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Rovio today announced the Septmeber 19 debut of "Angry Birds Star Wars II", building on the success of the original partnership between Rovio and Lucasfilm.
    Interestingly, the launch will come alongside new interactive toys from Hasbro known as "Telepods" that will allow players to scan the 30 different figures to add them to the game and allow players to customize the birds being fired on a given level.
    Article Link: 'Angry Birds Star Wars II' Launching September 19 Alongside 'Telepods' Interactive Toys

2. macrumors member

Supertecnoboff

Yay another Angry Birds game...................................

As you can tell I'm really excited to basically play the same game all over again but this time with new in app purchases.......

3. macrumors 6502

rctlr

Thats it. Im never playing Angry Birds again.

4. macrumors member

Take my money now! :d

5. macrumors 601

If you played one, you've played them all.

6. macrumors 6502a

I hate angry birds. Aways have... Always will. It's completely overrated, and I'll never understand why it's so popular. I've downloaded it many times throughout the years trying to give it a chance... but it's just so terrible.

7. macrumors regular

How dare they release new games!

8. macrumors 68000

BJMRamage

Yeah. it took me many months (Maybe even a year+) after downloading the free version to play it. never got THAT into it.

I have however, DL other FREE versions of the full game when they go on sale/free, but have yet to get into those.

9. macrumors G3

roadbloc

Keep milking them franchises. And doing this-

[​IMG]

10. macrumors 6502

Ca$hflow

It's Angry Birds meets Skylanders. I wonder how far they will go with the characters.

11. macrumors 68020

iapplelove

This pretty much sums up my angry birds experience as well. Plants vs zombies always held my attention more

12. macrumors regular

Business wise, it makes more sense to milk the franchise. This is what happens when small studios lose their passion for game development.

But hey they gotta do what they can to rake in the profits.

13. macrumors 65816

GenesisST

How dare they try to make money! Only Apple should be permitted to!

/sarcasm <!-- idiot proofing -->

14. macrumors 65816

ob81

Obviously someone out there really enjoys these games to the max.

Good for them that a new version is coming out.

15. macrumors 65816

antonis

Another one ? Cmon...
    How about start designing the next big hit, Rovio ?

16. macrumors 68000

Porco

I am very happy about this news.

But to all those saying it's just 'milking' the same idea I say no! It's Star Wars, so if anything it's blue milking. :D

This is also a lot like what many people say about Star Wars, especially the prequels, so it's obviously a match made in heaven. :)

17. macrumors 68000

nick_elt

damn I wish I funded Star Wars when it was being made, not that I was alive in the 70's but what a money making franchise that has turned out to be. Going to be 3 more films too.

----------

they are.......................Angry Birds, the movie.

18. macrumors 68020

Solomani

I'll enjoy flinging Angry Jar Jar like a piece of poo.

19. macrumors 68040

Does this mean we'll get an AB Star Wars released for each of the Star Wars Films now...

Keep milking that horse Rovio. In the mean time, your competitors are working on new games instead of recycling the LUA level script (FYI it takes like a minute to make your own Angry Birds levels).

20. macrumors 6502a

Pakaku

Then they released Angry Birds Space, and things were pretty okay after all.

21. macrumors 65816

I don't know what's worse, another Angry Birds game or the fact that it's based on the crappy Star Wars prequels. The next one better be based on Star Trek. Give me a Kirk bird, a Spock bird, Romulan pig, Klingon pig, Borg pig and maybe a bald eagle bird (Picard).

22. macrumors 6502a

mrgraff

Too many upgrades, bonuses, power-ups, etc. I miss the days when Angry Birds was a combination of pixel-point-perfection and angle/power with a little bit of luck.

23. macrumors 6502a

I'll just wait til this goes free again, either from the app store itself or thru Starbucks

24. macrumors member

BerlingerT

I don't really care about 'milking' or not. Anyone could say people are milking a franchise that has a lot of games and gets another game.

I'm happy about this and will enjoy the game for what it is and not worry about what Rovia 'could' have made instead. That's just silly.

25. macrumors 6502a

Wow, you are telling a company how to make money, next thing you will say is "Keep milking that horse McDonalds, enough restaurants already", and just so you know, they have other games, Amazing Alex, Bad Piggies and The Croods.

While you are here on a forum complaining about Rovio milking Angry Birds, they are making millions of dollars each month.

And as long as Angry Birds "X" keeps making them money, yes, they will keep on doing it.