angry iMac?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by asif786, Apr 26, 2005.

1. asif786 macrumors 65816

asif786

hey,

i'm wondering if anybody else has this problem..

recently, my iMac g5 has been spitting discs out a little too far - now, whenever i eject a disc it comes out of the imac and falls onto my disc. i have absolutely no idea why it's doing this..it only started recently.

does anybody else have an imac that does this? do you know why it does this? can i fix it? it's just annoying, because everytime i eject a disc without paying attention i end up damaging discs..

thanks
    asif

2. iMetalG5 macrumors 6502a

no issues.

you should call applecare to ask about your problem.

3. Sutekidane macrumors 6502a

Sutekidane

I've never had the problem, but call apple and they should send you a replacement optical drive which you can install yourself. Very easy installation.

4. jayb2000 macrumors 6502a

jayb2000

Are they Microsoft discs?
    Maybe its an "enhancement" that come with 10.3.9 :D

HAHAHAH

5. asif786 thread starter macrumors 65816

asif786

I'm considering doing that- but I doubt they'd send me a whole new optical drive just because discs are falling out.

On a side note, is anyone elses superdrive limited to 2x? it's damned annoying. I dont think it's my sony discs...

-asif

6. FadeToBlack macrumors 68000

FadeToBlack

If I were you, I'd definitely call Apple. They may not send you a new drive, but it doesn't hurt to call and see what they say about the problem.

My Superdrive has always burned at the full 8x. The only brand I've ever used is Maxell DVD+R.