Animal Crossing, revisited

Discussion in 'Games' started by Dagless, Dec 14, 2006.

1. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Does anyone still play this game?
    The other night I spontaneously started playing though my DS collection and stuck on this one. Remembered I was only 400k away from getting the final extension on my house so I set to work. With my orchards I should have this paid off in no time :) Really getting back into it. Even had my hair cut, haha.

We really need to get that some big MR 4 player wifi thing going. Would be awfully good.

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I play the cube game occasionally more than the ds game.

3. seenew macrumors 68000

seenew

Two of my friends at college bought DS's and each got this game, so I was forced to play it again. I haven't really touched it in several weeks, though.

I'm waiting for the Wii installment. :D

4. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

I have it for both the GC and the DS. Like the GC version better, but it is fun playing on wi-fi.

5. Annndy! macrumors regular

Annndy!

I still play it every once in a while. I'm staff over at http://www.animalxing.com, so I guess it's almost a requirement to check in on my town every once in a while. ;) I really love the game though. In fact, I think I'm going to go grab my DS right now and spruce up my town a bit. Drop my a PM if you're ever interested in visiting my town (that goes for anyone).

I'm also excitedly anticipating the Wii version. Hoping they bring the holidays and the NES games back as well. I miss Jack, Franklin and Jingle! :p

6. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

Crazy, I was just on your site last night trying to pick a new hair style :D

7. afornander macrumors 6502

i can only imagine, using your Mii in animal crossing:rolleyes:

8. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

I stopped playing. I thought it kind of got boring and there was never anyone on Wi-fi. I think people started dropping off the same time I did. I think it needs more. I hope the Wii version will have a tons more things to do and quicker Wi-fi.

9. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Had the full expansions of the mansion and all that... and after trying unsuccessfully to get the Golden Axe (I got stupid KK's guitar instead of Saharah's turban) I sorta gave up in the game. :eek:

10. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Surely they should give us Snes games now.

However Virtual Console might block that feature seeing as though they are unlikely to give us 10 games that cost $4-5 each on the VC

I'm really enjoying Viva Pinata, and I think there are elements that could be nicked and worked into an animal crossing game.

We need more house customisation including the whole look of the outside, shape, height etc.
    More customisation of our land, a few terraforming tools please, if we want a truly unique village, give us the power to create one.

Social issues briefly delt with in AC, but taken to new level in VP with some residents just not getting along with others, that could add an interesting concept to AC universe. Bad Residents, that you need to slap ASBO's on.

Or how about this

An animal crossing City/Town that's online, that you can visit at anytime (assuming your online) and visit, meet other wii players and exchange items, exchange addresses and visit via a central trainstation. Ddo a little shopping for things that have been traded in at markets and stores.

A real social haven, a place that you can spend an hour or two whilst your there are lull moments in your own village. Could be a real Killer..

Theres' so much potential, but If they just come out with the same AC game with wii controls I'm gonna be very dissapointed, and will pass it by.

11. RoxStrongo macrumors regular

RoxStrongo

i went mental with it on cube a while ago but then gave it to my younger brother. i've been playing the ds version for over a year now. im not heavily into it but i will go and explore and visit other people. it definitely needs developing for the wii though. a copy with better online just isn't gonna fly. it needs more depth. in the characters and the relationships u can form with them. as well as what goes on in your town and the areas that you can visit. it should be possible to explore other places (like the gba island). sand box play is all well and good but without at least some goals there just is no motivation after a while.