Animal Crossing sells faster than Nintendogs in Japan

Discussion in 'Games' started by GFLPraxis, Nov 28, 2005.

1. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

http://www.gamesarefun.com/news.php?newsid=5840

Woah. Considering that this is outselling what Nintendogs got in its first week by 2-to-1, and Nintendogs caused DS sales to surpass 100,000 units per week, I can only imagine the surge we will see in DS hardware sales when the numbers come out next week.

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

If it's half as addictive as the GC version its gonna rock :D

What online play does it support? Anything like MK or is it just local wifi?

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I'm not sure on the details but yep, its fully wifi enabled. you can visit other peoples towns by hopping on the train. like I said I have no idea how it works but Animal Crossing is a bloody brilliant game :) Cant wait for this to hit europe! I even put off getting the cube version earlier this year because I thought this game with Wifi is just going to be incredible.

You know it even has a notice board in your town that tells you when the next big fireworks event will be and other important world-wide events!

I want this. badly.

4. Flowbee macrumors 68030

Flowbee

I'll be buying 2 copies next week... one for my wife, and one for me.:eek:

5. GFLPraxis thread starter macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

From what I've heard, Nintendo decided not to give it the worldwide mode- so anonymous people won't run into your town and mess everything up.

I don't know whether it will have the standard Friend-code swapping for people you know online (hope it does), but it will remember every DS you play against on LAN mode (like Mario Kart DS does) and let you go on the train and head to their town.

6. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Argghh no Worldwide mode, thats a pity. They could have just put a block on what you can do when visiting another town, or what they should have done is create a large municipal town or towns that you could wifi connect to and interact with other players. Seem's like they're really missing the boat. So much potential unfufilled!!

I wonder if all the NES games are still in there? It's released Febuary / March in Europe.. I'll be getting an import US version available December 6th I believe.
    :D

7. GFLPraxis thread starter macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

I think I read an interview that the NES games were gone :(

At least, I know that they won't have a worldwide mode for YOUR town. You can't have strangers running on your town. But perhaps they might have some public areas or something. I dunno. I'll wait for reveiws, its coming here soon.

8. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

This game is going to be so wonderful, i can't wait ^_^

9. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

What??
    :( :( :( :( I'm really getting depressed now. No NES games? Why not? They're so small they could have crammed them onto the cart.

And yeah that's what I think. They should have a large public municipal area for online, where you can meet people. Get there friend code and then you should be able to post them letters from your own towns postoffice and send gifts etc.. That would add a real purpose to posting letters and reward interaction online... Otherwise WHAT IS THE POINT?:confused: :confused:

10. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

well for it to sell that 300,000 copies I think the online mode must be incredible, or the single player good enough to forget about wifi!

11. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

12. Viewtiful Rich macrumors regular

Viewtiful Rich

I'll have it next week :)

It seems that since the online mode is pretty interactive (chatting & trading with people) compared to say Mario Kart that they didn't want people to be able to connect to strangers. But just give your friends code out and it should be all good.

I hear it's pretty packed with stuff compared to the Gamecube version.

13. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

Its released on monday in the states i will be importing a copy then, i have never played animal crossing before....could anyone tell me in a nut shell what to expect or compare it to??

Shadow;)

14. takao macrumors 68040

takao

afaik: world wide it's only with people you shared your friend codes (and vice versa) so that a mr. anonymous can't foul up your town or whatever .. never played the game so far

15. cvalda macrumors member

Re: NES Games: From what I've heard, Nintendo will send out codes or something to your AC account with the games in it. I can't remember if this was a rumor or confirmed, so I'm sorry, but I really hope that it is true.

16. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

There's very little to compare it to. I guess if you crossed a tamagotchi, with rather predictable but all so loveable NPC's in the form of cats, pigs and dogs with questionable fashion sensabilities and a genuine feeling of upset as you make a relationship with one of them and then they send you a letter telling you they've had to leave your village :( and leave your heart feeling like your first girlfriend after she tells you she's pregnant by your best friend :eek:

:D It's great and the NDS version should be much improved over the GC.

17. cubist macrumors 68020

18. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

The GC version did indeed. The NDS version hopefully should alow you to post letters to friends online. As long as you have added them to your friends list. :D sweet

19. Viewtiful Rich macrumors regular

Viewtiful Rich

No you can't send mail to your friends unfortunately.