Animal Crossing: The Animated Movie?

Discussion in 'Games' started by GFLPraxis, Jul 18, 2006.

1. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

2. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

The Mario Bros. movie sucked koopas....I would enjoy a Metroid movie as well or a zelda.

Bless

3. GFLPraxis thread starter macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

That's why I said "a decent Mario one". The original was not decent. It sucked :p

4. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I know...I had to Ram it in there for its suckness...a kirby movie might even be good.

Bless

5. 7on macrumors 601

7on

A Zelda movie might work, though if Link uttered one word then no Zelda fans will watch it.

6. jdechko macrumors 68040

Yeah, I don't know if a Zelda or Metroid movie would be that good. I can't think of one good Video Game -> Movie that's ever been made.

7. atari1356 macrumors 68000

atari1356

I liked the Resident Evil movies... but I know a lot of people hated them with a passion. I guess my expectations were low to begin with, so they turned out better than I thought. :D

Still haven't played a Resident Evil game though. I need to pick up RE4 for the Gamecube.

8. zero2dash macrumors 6502a

zero2dash

Cool...I'd watch it, looks fun to me.

I think the reason we haven't seen any new movies based on Nintendo franchises is that Nintendo wants to protect their IP from being butchered on the big screen by people like Uwe Boll. :D

Get it ASAP. :D I've beaten the game 9 times (6 on Normal, 3 on Professional...and I'm on my 10th playthrough on Pro right now), unlocked and bought the 3 unlockable weapons, etc. - RE4 is one of the best games I've played in my life. (And I'm an old school gamer...28 y/o...raised on Atari and Colecovision...so I've played *a lot of games* in my life. :))

9. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Dude...Silent Hill..awesome movie.

Bless

10. DarkNetworks macrumors 68000

DarkNetworks

I've never liked video game based movies...IMO, they're just terrible.

11. celebrian23 macrumors 65816

celebrian23

agreed. they just don't translate well (like tv shows turned into feature length films usually suck too)

12. seenew macrumors 68000

seenew

NO! You need to pick up the RE1 remake (aka REmake) for the GC. You'll better understand the story, plus it's a great game. Well, since it's old, you could probably get it used for maybe $15-20, and get RE4 at the same time.

13. ToastMaster macrumors regular

ToastMaster

FF: Advent Children was pretty awesome. (Although it was CGI, so does it count?)