Animating TV Show Intro

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Mr. Durden, Jan 11, 2006.

1. Mr. Durden macrumors 6502a

Jan 13, 2005
    So I've got this really cool project that needs some animation. While I've done plenty of graphic design, I've never really animated something like this. I've got a 20 second opening that I need to create for a TV show, and the style I'm going to try to immulate somewhat is like the Flash sequences on (the main page). Basically take still photos, cut them up, and then animate at the "joints".

I've got all the regular stand-bys at my disposal (Adobe Suite, 3D, final cut, etc.) but it seems as if there should be some software specifically for doing animations like this. I've got a decent budget and a few weeks to put this together, so I'm pretty sure I can learn some new software if needed. Any recommendations as to the best way to proceed? I'm sure I can do it in After Effects, but that sure seems like an aweful lot of tedious work. Any input would be appreciated.
  2. freeny macrumors 68020

Sep 27, 2005
    I would recomend After Effects. Allot of tedious work no matter how you do it but AE will be the easiest.
    You can parent your body parts for some ease as well as nest individual animations.

Im going to guess that the eminem clip was also done on AE.

What is your skill level in AE?
    Any assistance you may need just ask.
    Plenty of AE users here.
  3. Mr. Durden thread starter macrumors 6502a

Jan 13, 2005
    I know AE pretty well, though I wouldnt call myself a guru or anything. I guess thats what I'll do. I was just hoping that maybe there was some software that would take care of a few of the more painful and agonizing "work for 8 hours, see 2 seconds of results" work.

Just feeling a bit lazy I guess.
  4. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

Feb 7, 2002
    good ole animation... ;)