Animation with Final Cut Pro

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by BEET, Nov 8, 2004.

1. BEET macrumors member

Hi, please can anyone tell me how/if it's possible to animate a sequence of photos with Final Cut Pro. I've got about a hundred photos of a clay model being moved around and I want to string together the photos to make a short animated clip. Also is this possible with any other software like Flash or Photoshop?

Thanks in advance for any help!

BEET

2. Jaz macrumors regular

Hi you could do an Animated Gif in Imageready no problem. Photoshop 7 pulled most of that function back to Imageready, but in PS7+ you could still do it as a Quicktime filmstrip.

In Flash it would also be quite easy, you only need one layer and essentially make each frame a keyframe. Set your framerate then place each graphic from the Library on to a single frame.

You could even do it with Quicktime Pro but if you have access to Flash or PS, use them. I'd recommend Flash, more animation control and export options for timeline based work, and it would be very straightforward at first but you could add masks and interactive controls later if you want to post it somewhere.

PM me if you have detailed questions :)

Cheers, Jaz.

3. Jaz macrumors regular

Sorry, forgot FCP. Dead easy;

create project (PAL/NTSC, or custom framerate & size),

add images to project using Apple key+I or File>Import>Files... ,

then drag and drop each image to the timeline v1 in order,

trim/expand to a single frame or frames by right clicking on each clip and selecting "duration..." (remember the last number is frames, not tenths of a second) or use the mouse and drag from clip ends,

add transitions (move images to v2+ if required for transition or mask) and sound on A1 as necessary,

Sequence>Render All (option+R),

File>Export>Quicktime Movie... (or to a camera etc.)

Save early, save often!!

Good luck, PM if you need more detail. Cheers, Jaz.

4. evil_santa macrumors 6502a

evil_santa

you can do this with quicktime pro, Open Quicktime, file > open image sequence, select the first frame... then save as a quicktime movie then import into FCP. your image sequence will need to be numbered consecutively and the images should be the same size.

5. BEET thread starter macrumors member

Cool, thanks very much! I can wait to finish work and get to work, if you know what I mean.