Animatrix films mov ---> VCD???

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by ftaok, May 7, 2003.

1. ftaok macrumors 601

ftaok

Hey all,

I recently downloaded the Animatrix videos and I wanted to convert them to VCD so that I could easily watch them on a DVD player.

I had problems with the sound on two of the videos (Program, and A Detective's Story). Basically, the sound didn't get passed through on the conversion. Except in the beginning (the part where the green text characters are "falling" down the screen).

Has anyone else attempted this? And have they gotten better results?

Thanks.

2. evildead macrumors 65816

evildead

what did you use to convert them?

You might want to give ffmpeg a try.... I have not personaly converted the annamatrix movies.. but I have used ffmpeg

3. ftaok thread starter macrumors 601

ftaok

Toast

evildead,

I used Toast to convert them. I've also tried to encode them with QuickTime Pro. I was using the Toast Video CD plug-in.

Anyways, I've figured out why some videos worked and others didn't. The ones that worked only had 1 soundtrack (along with the video track). The ones that didn't had 2 soundtracks.

Is there someway to combine the 2 soundtracks together before encoding to mpg? That way, I'll get the sound outputted to the mpeg file. Maybe I'll just download the mpg (PC version) off of the server instead.

4. evildead macrumors 65816

evildead

toast

I have had mixed results with Toast and converting movie files. I would download and give ffmepg a try. Its open source, free and there are default settings that you can pick from so you dont have to worrie about knowing too much. When you use it... there well be some intermidiate junk files left behind... just toss them when everything is done. You will see what Im talking about.

you can download ffmpeg from www.versiontracker.com