Anime

Discussion in 'Community' started by Bunzi2k4, Mar 3, 2004.

1. Bunzi2k4 macrumors 6502

... does anyone here watch anime? just wonderin... what are your favorites?

right now, i'm watching Naruto, Full Metal Alchemist, and Chrno Crusade... good stuff...

2. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

I'm a big fan of Love Hina and Cowboy Bebop, and I've seen the first DVD of Dot Hack, which is interesting.

My favorite of all time though is Macross Plus.

Those Who Hunt Elves is a lot of fun, too. :D

3. Benjamin macrumors 6502a

Benjamin

Cowboy Bebop! w00t! Fay!

anyway yeah anime is great and of course i don't think it is out but waiting to see what they do with ghost in the shell 2.

4. Mav451 macrumors 68000

Mav451

I'm pretty selective or I guess I just don't watch much anime anymore.

Used to watch Kenshin about 4-5 years ago (before it became US mainstream a la Cartoon Network). GTO (Great Teacher Onizuka) is also pretty nice.

Now I watch Naruto...where the heck is ep 73?!!! I'm gettin impatient haha.

5. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

Well I've been kind of wandering watching older Anime stuff since Cowboy Bebop is no longer making anything new. I came across a series on MTV2 the other night called Heatguy J. I really like it and think its on par with Cowboy Bebop on many levels.

6. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

Gundam Wing was good...Trigun's good. I liked Vampire Hunter D. I haven't watched that much stuff, but I liked a lot of what I've watched. Some of it is total crap though.

7. Oirectine macrumors regular

Oirectine

I personally love Cowboy Bebop, but most other anime I've seen I don't like. Except hentai. Can never get too much hentai.

8. AhmedFaisal Guest

Hmmmm...

Currently active stuff I am collecting (all sub btw. I HATE dub):

Mezzo DSA (damn good!)
    Inu Yasha (good show, but its dragging lately)
    Read or Die TV
    Ghost in the Shell TV (Kusanagi Rulez! ;-))
    Juuni Kokki (I do hope they make more of that show)
    Onegai Twins! (still waiting for that OAV)
    Chrno Crusade (While I like the show, I think that Studio Gonzo chose a horrible voice actress for Rosette, I would have liked the girl that did Chidori Kaname's voice in Full Metal Panic (another great Studio Gonzo show) much better)

My biggest disappointment lately was the new Tenchi Muyo! OVA 3 Series. Now I thought after the yucky Tenchi Tokyo we were through the worst, especially now that finally the people that wrote the original OAV are back on the team again but no... Now they even **** up the OAV. Very disappointing considering that Tenchi was what got me into Anime in the first place.
    Cheers,

Ahmed

9. GroundLoop macrumors 68000

GroundLoop

classics

I can't believe that nobody mentioned Akira or Ninja Scroll. Truly anime classics.

Hickman

10. AhmedFaisal Guest

Well I like those, but...

Those are, as you said classics. Same as Bebop or Evangelion. I only mentioned the stuff that I am currently collecting (which are shows that are currently running on Japanese TV and are being fansubbed). That doesn't mean that I don't have those two and a lot of other stuff in my collection that is older.
    Cheers,

Ahmed

11. Opteron macrumors 6502

Does DragonBall Z count, I've seen evey 280something episoids, but only 1 of the special movies.

12. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

Its not so much where you are as when you are.
    AKIRAAAA!!!!!!!!

I also like Fist of the North Star.

13. iAmAzN macrumors 6502

i haven't seen many except for the american translated ones like dbz (too repetitive if you ask me) and stuff. but, i really seem to like rurouni kenshin. i like all the fighting ;)

14. AhmedFaisal Guest

Well it is Anime...

... although the "storyline" *cough* *cough* sucks and the drawing quality/artwork is sub-par to be friendly. So it does count. Given the content they could have cut the show down to like 40 episodes without missing any of the storyline......
    Cheers,

Ahmed

15. AhmedFaisal Guest

DBZ is japanese..... unfortunately, a good example that even japanese can produce low quality animation, not just Saban.
    With Kenshin you will be disappointed, there is not much fighting going on in there, if you compare the TV series to the OAV.
    Cheers,

Ahmed

16. hvfsl macrumors 68000

hvfsl

I have to say I liked DBZ (Although I thought DB GT was a bit crap). But then the only Anime I have watched is DBZ, Gundam Wing and Pokemon (if you can call it Anime). The UK does not get much Anime compared to countries like the US.

17. AhmedFaisal Guest

www.animesuki.com

There you can get fansubs of current anime that is not licenced. So its perfectly legal.
    Cheers,

Ahmed

18. Roger1 macrumors 65816

Roger1

I like Starblazers. Hopefully, I will get another movie for my birthday next week. I also used to watch another older anime (Battletech??) but haven't seen it in years. Oh, and Speed Racer (the original, not the new junk).

19. 1macker1 macrumors 65816

1macker1

the cartoon network shows some good anime after 12. Cowboy bebop is great. Vampire Hunter D is a classic.

20. krimson macrumors 65816

krimson

Democratic People's Republic of Kalifornia
    Akira, Ghost In the Shell, Appleseed, Guyver, sCRYed, Witch Hunter Robin, Mospeada, NGV (except the last few episodes, haven't seen the remakes), Spirited Away, Totoro, Kiki, Bubblegum Crisis, Gall Force, Crying Freeman, RahXephon, Noir are among my favorites..

.//Hack is pretty good, except i haven't seen the last DVD yet. Just finished watching Trigun, Full Metal Panic, Hellsing.

Currently, im working on Berserk, Cowboy Bebop, Gunsmith Cats, Initial D, trying to finish Kenshin currently.

there's more, but i can't think of them atm. :D

21. tom.96 macrumors regular

I think perfect Blue is one amazing film. Different from most anime, but pretty awesome. Battle angel alita is one of my faves. Oh, Ranma is good for a laugh too!

22. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

have you ever read the manga for alita? i know it's cliché, but it really is tons better than the anime. the anime is decent, but can't hold a candle to the original. plus there's so much more story that happens after what's covered in the anime.

23. Opteron macrumors 6502

Agreed, how many episodes where of the two combatants just breathing heavely

24. Bunzi2k4 thread starter macrumors 6502

I can't wait for someone to sub ep 73 of naruto... i've just herd that the movie Naruto is commin out in summer, and there will be a flashback of Kakashi while he was a member of anbu (17 years old). sweet!!!! any 1 seen full metal alchemist?