Ann Coulter allegedly commited voter fraud

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Thomas Veil, Mar 30, 2006.

1. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Link

Well sir! Could this be merely the fever dream of some venomous anti-Coulter blogger? Maybe. But then again, it seems to be backed up by this Google-cached article from the Palm Beach Post.

So it appears that Insane Ann is at it again. Interesting that this hasn't shown up in the MSM, isn't it?

2. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

All I can say is good riddance to bad morons. I can't believe natural selection didn't claim this fool in the first place.

3. Heb1228 macrumors 68020

Heb1228

Come on guys, seriously. She's gonna risk the possible criminal prosecution and bad publicity to cast ONE extra ballot? Give me a break. She's not an idiot.

Link

But on a lighter note, her column is hilarious this week, as usual! Link

4. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

She IS an idiot. Ever listen to her? Oh wait, yeah- I guess so.

5. Heb1228 macrumors 68020

Heb1228

right... because anyone who disagrees with you and your lefty buddies around here must be stupid! :rolleyes:

I wonder if Michigan Law Review frequently hires idiots as their editors?

6. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

First of all, I'm not a lefty. But if thinking Ann Coulter is a moron makes me one, FINE. BTW- I'll be voting for a Republican for governor of Illinois soon- because she's reasonable and a true conservative from the good ol' Land of Lincoln. http://www.judyforgov.com/

7. StarbucksSam macrumors 65816

StarbucksSam

I'd love to see the bizach go to federal prison. That would make me laugh. You know that saying "Even the wicked get worse than they deserve?". DOES NOT APPLY HERE.

8. Heb1228 macrumors 68020

Heb1228

Lee i never knew! Don't tell me you're joining the dark side! ;)

But as for Ann, you might hate what she says, and even think that a lot of its for shock value... but really reading her credentials makes it seem like her IQ probably dwarfs any one of ours. People can be wrong without being stupid.

9. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

I agree, but smart people can do stupid things too. As is the case with Ann Coulter and the needless polarization she creates. She might be intelligent, but she has done plenty of stupid things.

(And smart people don't have to have good morals either!)

e

10. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I never said I was a lefty- that was your assumption. BTW- who started the thread about Afghanistan wanting to execute a guy for becoming Christian? I believe that was me. Sad that I don't feel I could expect the same from you if it were a homosexual getting the ax. Point is- we either stand together or we don't. And what happens when we are divided?

And smart folks don't usually continue saying the same, wrong things. Ann seems to have a problem with that. She's a divider, not a uniter.

11. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Nah - intelligent people can act remarkably stupidly.

12. aquajet macrumors 68020

Perhaps I'm just silly, but I don't quite understand the relevance of posting the cover letter for her résumé. Obviously she's well-educated and has an impressive work history. But does this preclude her from breaking the law?

It's not entirely clear that she actually broke the law either. Maybe it was an accident and she simply forgot. Maybe she really did try to commit voter fraud. Or perhaps this is a bold-faced lie perpetrated by libelous liberals. Either way, someone is at least somewhat idiotic.

13. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

No doubt about that. She's just doing it for the attention and the money. Anyone who denigrates their own sex the way she does can only be filled with self-hatred. What's next? Is she going to flagellate herself in public?

14. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

The only ones who believe this is about "sides" are people like you. Absolutists. The rest of us don't always vote along party lines. Also apparently the Dem who wants to prosecute and the Rep who doesn't.

I wouldn't call her stupid, but she definitely has a penchant for lying. And slander. And racism. Just because you agree with her, doesn't mean she's always right and doesn't mean she isn't guilty. I don't know if she is or not, but this isn't the worst of what she's done, just one of the few things she can be held accountable for. And for someone who speaks so profusely against free speech when it's liberals talking, she sure hides behind it a lot when she spews forth her hate-filled lies. It would be funny if she runs to the ACLU to defend her like Rush did after slamming them so much. You know, just because people were out to get Clinton, doesn't mean he wasn't guilty of something. You only find things when you're looking, but that doesn't make what you find any less true.

15. Heb1228 macrumors 68020

Heb1228

My comment was facetious. Don't get your tolerance all in a wad. And please, whatever you do, don't call me an absolutist! :eek: (whatever that means)

16. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Funny (sarcasm BTW). Thank you for proving my point. Were that your comment was just you being facetious, but based on the number of times you end your argument with "you liberals" I'd say that description was pretty apt. I don't think anyone would have a problem with you smearing Dems in Congress because it's well established that they suck. Clinton had his faults as well. But when you defend Ann Coulter, who is well established as being a horrible person no matter which side she decides she's on that day and wants to call it conservative, and you don't even bother backing it up, we gotta call you on it. I'm sorry I don't tolerate liars who call Muslims "ragheads" we need to "convert to Christianity or kill"... but actually I'm not that sorry. Tolerance. I don't care what side of the fence you're on, this is not funny.

And again, why do you like Bush? I really want to know because not one person who defends him ever actually has a reason. Not one. Give me a real reason. Same with Ann. 1 reason. (without saying you liberals)

17. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

There is no law of the universe that says that idiots and high places are mutually exclusive. In fact, one has only to look around to see that they are not.

We've said it before here, many times: Ann's problem isn't that she's an idiot; it's that she's hateful and possibly even mentally ill. I think solvs' link explains it all pretty well.

18. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I'll vote for mentally ill. For someone to be that hateful towards others and still be sane is frightening to me.

19. aquajet macrumors 68020

I wouldn't quite say she's mentally ill. She's just kind of a jerk.

To equate hate with mental illness gives the rest of us mental cases a bad name. :p

20. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Mental illness assumes some sort of clinical condition which could be diagnosed, categorized and treated. I don't know enough about that to say, but it seems pretty clear to me that Coulter exhibits some seriously antisocial behaviors. Let's just say she's a scary-monster, and leave it at that.

21. aquajet macrumors 68020

I would say she exhibits more traits of narcissistic personality disorder.

Check, check, check, check, check, check, check and check.

Yep. I think a good hardy dose of Thorazine should do the trick.

22. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

how uncanny! I think you may be right aquajet :).

e

23. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

24. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

No, I don't think she's trying to rig an election with one vote, and I can't imagine anyone would interpret this (if true) that way. It's more about how a lot of people believe they are above the law and don't have to account for their actions or mistakes, which is disgusting.

25. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Or as Leona Helmsley imfamously put it, "I don't pay taxes. The little people pay taxes." In the Republican leadership (and that includes its supporters in the media), that kind of attitude isn't limited to taxes; it applies to almost everything. They do indeed consider themselves "special" and above the law.