Ann Coulter at it again....

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by yg17, Mar 2, 2007.

1. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

2. aquajet macrumors 68020

Coulter is one of the most vile people alive. She's absolutely disgusting. Everytime I see her face or hear her voice, I want to vomit.

3. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Ironic that Edwards had to fire those bloggers (or they had to resign) while the same types of people work for Republican candidates and it's suddenly not a big deal. Meanwhile, Coulter says something else (again) disgusting, and no one bothers to even say they disagree, let alone decry her. No negative consequences for her, and I'm sure she'll even be booked on more shows and sell more columns and books. This double standard is sickening.

The right continues to stand behind her, no matter how bad she makes them look.

Edit: Michelle Malkin actually won an "Accuracy in Media Award" there, so I wouldn't put much stock into this anyway.

4. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

That woman would have to work hard to make her way up to the level of pond scum.

I can just see her in some kind of Rod Serling-esque Hell some day -- a locked room where she'd be eternally raped by Osama bin Laden as a realistic hologram of Jesus sits in a corner and cheers him on.

5. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

she reminds me a bit of a rabid dog at times. a bit crazy and spewing fluff and weird stuff from her mouth.

6. Foxglove9 macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

I can't believe anyone still takes her serious. So what is it this time, she has another new book coming out or something?

7. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

My bet is Romney doesn't say a damn thing. Hello- we're talking a guy who's been trying to eliminate equal marriage rights for gays in Massachusetts since it became (and rightfully so) legal there.

As for Coulter, she's the Paris Hilton of politics. The only difference is, Paris is famous for being famous while Coulter is famous for being stupid. As for these conservatives, there is never any mystery as to what they believe, and these are the same people who will tell you they aren't homophobic. It's just free speech!

8. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Well she didnt say "john edwards is a ******." but she eluded to it.
    I cant understand why someone would say that about him. John Edwards is many things but I dont think "******" is one of them. She's certainly stepped over the line this time.

9. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

10. adrianblaine macrumors 65816

adrianblaine

It is hard to take a lot of people seriously. People like her and Rush, say a lot of stuff as part of a show, to make money. That's usually all they do it for. Didn't Dvorak even admit (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAWDYaWAVQQ) that he makes comments to make Mac users mad on purpose? Too many people in this world are here to only put on an act. Maybe they are too boring when they are genuine so they think they have to do this ;).

11. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

Comparing Dvorak to Coulter is like comparing that guy who pied Bill Gates to Lee Oswald.

12. adrianblaine macrumors 65816

adrianblaine

I'm not comparing them, I'm comparing what they do. Isn't it a little similar? They do it for different reasons and to different people, but they are intentionally aggravating people.

13. Teh Don Ditty macrumors G4

Teh Don Ditty

I thought Paris was famous for being famous (see night vision sex tape) AND for being stupid.

I think you're being too generous with the term stupid for Coulter.

14. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

I thought Paris Hilton was famous for giving a really bad blowjob?

15. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

the edwards campaign responds:
    is it clever? pointless? or a shameless plea for contributions?

16. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Pointless, no. A clever way to get people to want to contribute? Sure.

17. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

Do your part. Never click on a link leading to a story by her. Never buy a book. Ignore her. She does it for shock value. Nothing she says has any merit. To compare her to Rush Limbaugh is an insult. Rush Limbaugh, fatuous, pompous, lying gasbag that he is, is in a completely different realm. Coulter is useless.

18. dornoforpyros macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

pfft whatever, take everything Ann Coulter says with a grain of salt, if she was a MR poster we'd call her a troll. She just says these things for shock value and to sell books, and judging from the reaction every time she opens her mouth I'd say she's doing a good job of it.

19. zflauaus macrumors 65816

COULTERGEIST!!! IT'S BACK!!! RUN FOR THE HILLS!!!

She really needs to go back to... wherever she came from. Think she'll have her own wing at the rehab clinic like Britney if she goes?

Keith Olbermann's going to have a hay-day Monday. Set your TiVos/DVR/VCRs for you nostalgic people.

20. yg17 thread starter macrumors G5

yg17

Already set since I work during Keith's show :D

Someone who was filling in for him on Friday made mention of this, but he's gonna have a field day with it once he's back. I smell a "Worst Person in the World" award for her....

21. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

22. yg17 thread starter macrumors G5

yg17

Yuck, I wouldn't want to go anywhere near hers.

23. Flowbee macrumors 68030

Flowbee

And yet, if any Democrat dares mention the fact that Dick Cheney's daughter is a lesbian, they get soundly and loudly scolded by the Republicans. Sheesh...

Her comments aren't the scary part. The fact that she's embraced by the Republican establishment is. I've been reading reaction across the web today, and it's amazing just how many Republicans are posting comments to blogs and forums saying "she has the guts to say what we're all thinking." It's scary 'cause it's true.

24. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

I think it's all a ploy to make the american pubic hate women so hillary doesn't have a chance.

25. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/osm/story/0,,2023244,00.html

Is that so? If so, what an immature, hateful, spiritually-bereft and backward society, where such rabble-rousing is tolerated. Especially when a blind eye is turned by those in positions of responsibility.

What Anne Coulter said, would over here, possibly warrant a visit from the police. Could this woman look squarely Matthew Shepherd's parents in the eye while spewing her hate?