Ann Coulter Calls New Yorkers Cowards

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Roger1, Aug 27, 2005.

1. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Controversy, and radical rhetoric keep the pot stirred and pundits in the limelight. News and news magazine shows are mostly entertainment these days. We get about as much substance from reality TV as we do most news stations. From shock jocks to shock journalists, the step is not far.

She has gone over the edge, as have many on both sides.

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

2. Roger1 thread starter macrumors 65816

Roger1

I would love to see senater Clinton, Governer Pataki (it is him, right?), and Rudi Juliani run very nasty ads, verbally skewering her. I've only passed through New York once, but to label an entire state cowardly like that is plain stupid. New Yorks politicos need to stand up to this woman, and slap her down.

3. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

She would like nothing better than to have them dignify her remarks with a response. She would welcome the controversy and the publicity (and sell another book or two). She is baiting them as it is.

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

4. Roger1 thread starter macrumors 65816

Roger1

True. But if enough New Yorkers found out about it, maybe some kind of backlash would happen to her.

5. latergator116 macrumors 68000

latergator116

It's funny she said that since Ann lives in Manhatten herslef (or at least has a house there). I wonder if people ever pick fights with her on the street?

6. Roger1 thread starter macrumors 65816

Roger1

I wonder if her house will still be standing. Or is she speaking from personal experience??

edit: personal experience about being a coward.

7. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i would be afraid to pick a fight with a mad woman myself.

8. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I'm sure that most have better things to do than to react to her rhetoric. Life is full of enough drama that we don't need to fabricate any.

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

9. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

i love the first two comments from the page linked above:

10. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

11. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

This woman is nothing more than a media whore. She loves the attention. Although I would love to see someone beat the crap out of her. She deserves it. She's a moron.

12. latergator116 macrumors 68000

latergator116

After making this comment three days after 9/11, "We know who the homicidal maniacs are.They are the ones cheering and dancing right now. We should invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity", she deserves a good punch.... or ten.

By the way, she never took back the comment.

13. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Yeah, a lot of New York firemen and policemen surrendered on Sept. 11, 2001.

Stupid b****. :mad:

14. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

So you think if her remarks aren't countered that eventually she will stop making them? That she won't get herself invited onto Fox News to make them any longer?

15. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Yes, one punch for each commandment Mrs. Holy Bitch breaks each time she opens her mouth.

16. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Actually, I'd be surprised if her Manhattan residence survives the night. Right now, I wish I lived in NYC. :)

17. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

All joking aside, I would not be surprised (if it survived) one bit either. I've been to New York and there's one thing I've noticed there that's not in most cities: people who live there generally love NYC and are proud to be from there. And with several million people there, chances are, there will be a small group of proud New Yorkers looking for there revenge

18. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Yeah- I have friends who were there and barely escaped. I'm sure they're not happy with her right now.

19. ~loserman~ macrumors 6502a

She has no shame.
    I'm reminded of a quote I heard one time that runs something like this...
    There are always people on your side of an argument that always make you wish you were on the other side.

Vile Ann, Shameless Hannity, Tom dumdum DeLay and several others make me feel like that every time they open their mouths.

20. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

I would say how I really feel about Ms. Coulter, and her rhetoric of hate... but I don't want to be banned.

21. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I don't think there is anything to be gained by Sen. Clinton, et. al. rising up to have a press conference just to say, "we are not cowards". It dignifies the statement to begin with. Its all about rhetoric, flame baiting and ratings. She will always have a following in the radical community, but she is getting more and more off the wall because it takes that to get in the limelight. Sure Fox will keep having her, because she stirs controversy. But her remarks are intended to get a response and make people mad. She wants to polarize people.

Like I said, life is full of real drama, we don't need to manufacture passion this way. Her remarks are intended to have shock value and get people talking about her, not the issues. She wants the spotlight. Why give it to her. Nothing to see here, move along.

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

22. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

No, but it might make useful fodder for the Democrats come election time, if they want to make the neo-cons look bad. (Not that they need any help with that.)

23. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Oh yeah? Fox seems to have managed to find a few people without enough drama in their own life to go harass a poor, innocent family. So yes, while most people have better things to do, there are enough that don't that it can be a problem.

Most muslims have better things to do with their lives than to commit acts of terrorism, right? Is that an absolution of the problem?
    As in the party of Pat Robertson, and Ann Coulter? Yeah, that brush oughta be sufficient, particularly if the right isn't going to give up 'the party of Michael Moore and Jane Fonda' talk. ;)