Ann Counter attacked by "al Pieda"

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Thomas Veil, Oct 26, 2004.

1. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Someone tried to pie Ann Counter yesterday. Unfortunately, they missed.

From The Smoking Gun

iFilm has the video. Unfortunately, this one doesn't seem to work with Safari, so you'll have to use IE or Netscape.

Outside of Bill Gates, Dubya and Karl Rove, though, I can't think of a more appropriate victim.

2. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

Yeah, too bad they missed. And too bad it was only pies, and not, say, bullets.

paul

3. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

4. MacFan26 macrumors 65816

MacFan26

The only reason why she spoke at the U of A to begin with was because the college Republicans were crying about Michael Moore coming here. It's too bad those guys missed. For anyone that's interested she's going to be on Real Time with Bill Maher this Friday.

5. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Why? She's a stupid lying bitch, that's somehow manages to get lots of attention.

Say, that gives me an idea.... :D

6. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

That type of action is wrong, its just not a polite thing to do to another human being. Adults are to act civily to another adult. This a very sad commentary on our society. :( :eek:

7. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Freedom of speech apparently only applies to M. Moore and those of his persuasion :(

8. MacFan26 macrumors 65816

MacFan26

Sadly, the pie incident was nothing compared to the disrespect from students at the M. Moore speech. It happened on both sides.

9. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

Adults are also supposed to tell the truth, not misrepresent their own "research," have tolerance for each other's differences, and carry themselves with some scrap of moral dignity...Pies to the face for Coulter are perfectly justified.

Like Bill O'Reilly, Ann Coulter is an author whose books I routinely move to the Fiction section when I see them sitting in the Non-Fiction section of the bookstore.

I've attended a speech by this woman--The extent of malice, disingenuousness, and grotesque distaste for the poor, for minorities, and for non-Christians makes me physically sick. Anyone who doesn't fit her conservative, imperialist, wealthy, white, Protestant mold of "normal" is some circus freak worthy of disdain, slander, and utter hatred.

How repulsive.

10. MacFan26 macrumors 65816

MacFan26

nice :)

11. LeeTom macrumors 68000

LeeTom

Oh come on... Pieing someone is FUNNY. What has this country come to? I'll tell you: a very NOT funny one, if you get lambasted for throwing a pie at someone. Has nothing to do with censorship. It's a prank. And a joke. And furthermore, if you GET pied, you should have the sense of humor to laugh it off, and not get all stupid like everyone that's gotten pied in the past. (Bill G... others)

EDIT: and about Ann Coulter: You can't say you're good at what you do if what you do is stupid.

Lee Tom

12. leftbanke7 macrumors 6502a

leftbanke7

Same thing here in Utah (aka Republican Land, USA). Utah Valley State College invited Michael Moore to speak and everybody lost their mind. A key donor threatened to stop his contributions to the school, students wanted the Student Counsel kicked out, the legislature threatened to lessen the amount of money given to the school and there is currently a lawsuit from that key donor and a member of the College Republicans against the Student Counsel. In an attempt to appease those opposed, the school invited Sean Hannety to come speak (well, after Sean found out that Michael was coming, he waved his $60,000 fee that he had quoted the school when approached earlier about speaking at the school). And the funny thing is that Sean Hannety's speech was free from disruptions but Michael Moore's was interrupted numerous times. It's not just us "crazy liberals" who act like a bunch of breying jackasses.

13. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

Oh bloody hell. You want polite? Go read her columns, where she calls for the death of people that don't agree with her. Then you can tell me about polite. Pieing someone is a "very sad commentary on our society"? What about a woman that calls all democrats traitors?

paul

14. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

She deserves a pie in the face, in fact two and i usually vote republican! ( not this time). She is an extreme far right wing zealot who has said things over the years on fox that show her true colors......she is on the edge of right wing insanity if you listen to her arrogant dogma. Only reason i dont change the channel is because she is blond.... :D anyone know a good blond joke?

15. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

This is the response to the pie-throwing incident, from the person you believe deserves respect:

Personally, I think she got her just desserts.

16. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

har-de-har-har...

Too bad it wasn't humble pie...

BTW, I am waiting for Mischief to chime in on this one...

17. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

But those who get pied do so because they deserve it... and usually would not be laughing at themselves. That's the point. wdlove as a Christian you should read some of what Miss Coulter has to say. You should read Slander. Sadly, it has a lot in common with Mein Kampf. It is people like her that make Republicans and those who are religious look bad. Anyone who says an entire group of people deserve to be shot because they don't believe in the same thing you do, deserves at least a pie in the face. It makes a shiver run down my spine everytime I hear her say Liberal in such a derogatory, hate-filled way.

She might as well be saying Jew. (and I'm not even a Liberal, or Jewish)

I'll have to remember that. Fits her perfectly.

18. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Its that either your with us or against us 3rd grade mentality of hers and the extremists in the republican party who have taken controle of the party.

19. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

True. I'm glad she's not a liberal, because I'd be so embarrassed to have her on my "team"...even if she is on the far end.

20. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

A few threads back I tried to find quotes from any '60s leftist that matched Coulter for their sheer radicalness. I looked up the likes of Malcolm X, Huey Newton... all the names I could remember from those days. I found lots of quotes, but none were anywhere close to as "out there" as the stuff you can hear Coulter uttering every day, and on national television, no less. And those people called themselves revolutionaries. So what does that make Coulter, I wonder?

21. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

"Helter skelter!"

22. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

OK, I want a response at this point. Here's an excerpt from a recent interview with coulter...

http://www.rightwingnews.com/interviews/coulteriffic.php

Read the rest, then explain your comments about politeness and humanity and civility. I'd like to know how you think pie throwing compares to her hatred.

paul

23. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

paulwhannel,

Just because someone condems the "attack" doesn't mean they are defending the target. I think you need to take a deep breath and re-read wdlove's post. He didn't say you shouldn't toss pies at Ann Coulter 'cause she's a nice lady who wouldn't hurt a fly. He just said you shouldn't toss pies at people.

Lethal

24. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

I wonder how his majesty the Steveness would handle a pieing.

25. MacFan26 macrumors 65816

MacFan26

I don't think he'd mind as long as it was apple.

:D