Anna Nicole Smith's dogs are boycotting Iams

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Thomas Veil, Oct 29, 2005.

1. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Let me just say that when I look for intellectual discussions on the issues of the day, I always look to Anna Nicole Smith...and her dogs.

I've no idea whether Iams mistreats animals. I just find the boycott leaders -- PETA and ANS (and her dogs) -- laughable. They deserve each other.

Woof!

2. ohcrap macrumors 6502a

If I were Anna Nicole Smith's dog, I would boycott food, too. Anything to bring me closer to the sweet release of death. :eek:

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Who is Anna Nicole Smith? :) I'd google her but id probably get her whole silly history when all i want is biased opinion

4. Deepdale macrumors 68000

Deepdale

One may be far more likely to receive a lucid analysis of the burning issues of the day from Anna and her pups than, say, from Dubya and his lapdogs.

5. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

try a GIS. it's more fun :p
    umm...a dog food company testing on animals? are they supposed to feed people the stuff? i don't see what the big deal is...

6. Deepdale macrumors 68000

Deepdale

Now all we need are pictures of Marilyn, Sugar Pie and Puppy to complete the family album.

Attached Files:

7. cr2sh macrumors 68030

cr2sh

We have a massive Iams plant in Dayton, just North of the city. Everyday that the wind blows southerly, the entire city stinks like dog food.

Disgusting.

8. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

I'm still waiting for he to do something really worthwhile like have her breasts boycott Victoria's Secret.

Like the dogs really care, as long as they like the food, they will eat it. :rolleyes:

Of course with all the weight she has lost, the Goodyear blimp isn't fighting the loss of advertising revenue.

9. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Barking dogs. Dead dogs. Wow......is the food that bad?

ZING!

10. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

You know she gives her dogs anti-depressants when she travels? She's totally bonkers.

Nut. Case.

11. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

12. mac-er macrumors 65816

Former stripper who married a 90 year old billionaire to get his money, Playboy playmate, then he died, she had a huge fight about who is getting the money (her or his blood relatives....and its going all the way the US Supreme Court), she got really fat, and then she got really skinny. She is a C-list celebrity.

13. Punani macrumors regular

Punani

Who Cares About PETA?

Aloha,

It seems that every other month, the news has some blurb about another celebrity joining one of PETA's multiple campaigns.

Do any of these actually work? I mean, I would suppose they make for keeping the organization in the public eye, but how many people have they actually wooed over with these campaigns and celebrity endorsements?

I find it hard to take an organization seriously that has tried to use the argument of a vegetarian Messiah (while a valid claim, it's quite bent in this case) in order to back its position.

Well, I'm sure their target market must love it. :p

14. cr2sh macrumors 68030

cr2sh

I won't eat KFC because of a PETA video I once saw.

So apparently it has some impact on folks.

15. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I have always preferred Purina. Our breeders have also recommended Purina. So we have been customer over 30 years. They have a good rebate program also.

16. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Not to mention possessor of the smallest non-retarded IQ on record. To hear her try to assemble a cogent thought is to long for the comparatively polished oratory of George W. Bush.