Annapolis Store Grand Opening...The after party

Discussion in 'Community' started by iGary, Aug 27, 2005.

1. iGary Guest

May 26, 2004
    Randy's House
    So my friend Dave, a Midshipman at the U.S. Naval Academy, got to the mall before me to get a place (he could care less about the whole affair - just a nice guy), and his girlfriend was with him in line. She decided to go get breakfast for us, and then leave.

Oh hell, no said the bitch in the line behind us when Cindy left (for good mind you - she wasn't getting back in line)and I took her place, so she starts yelling at us.

I told her - she's leaving, I'm taking her spot, no one is cutting, you'll get your shirt.

She runs off immediately to get a security officer, who lectures us, and I nicely explain to him the mathematics of what has occured - no harm no foul once the sparks stop shooting out of his ears.

Now this pleasant lady behind us is just glaring at us while five people do the exact same thing I did, but she says nothing. Dave's girlfriend comes back, gives him his breakfast and offers a biscuit to the lady behind us (just to be an ass) and she of course, refused.

I hate how some people can just ruin an event.

Anyway, it's a beautiful store (.7 miles from my house), got my "Annapolis" T-Shirt, and decided I need to sell my two 20" displays for the 30" display.
  2. applekid macrumors 68020

Jul 3, 2003
    Were the lines long and was there a big crowd?

Meh, I could see why the lady complained. As far as she knew, she doesn't know if your friend's girlfriend was really not coming back or not.
  3. iGary thread starter Guest

May 26, 2004
    Randy's House
    Prolly about 500 people in line - pretty major for this mall.

I can see her reason for getting a little miffed, but this woman wanted to kill someone.
  4. zelmo macrumors 603

Jul 3, 2004
    Mac since 7.5
    Glad you were able to overcome her boorishness. I understand why she was alarmed at first, but your explanation should have been sufficient to placate her.

More importantly, what are you gonna ask for those 20's?
  5. asif786 macrumors 65816

Jun 17, 2004
    London, UK.

if anyone here attended the store opening, please let me know. i have a special lil' project right now..and they would help.

asif (mactv)
  6. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

I attended the Bridewater Mall Apple Mini Store opening with my dad. We both got shirts, and everyone seemed to be fairly civil. I hate it when people have to make things akward, and complain about small details. People need to grow up.