1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Annotating app for scanned documents

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by drine, Sep 27, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

Hi all,
    I am looking for the perfect app for iPad; in the next few months, I'll have to read a lot of documents (PDF mostly), and I need to highlight and annotate them all.
    I have been comparing different apps (on this forum, on alternativeto.net, and in the Store) and came up with one that seemed perfect (GoodReader); however, now I bought it, I discovered it doesn't do what I need most - that is, highlight stuff in scanned PDF documents. Apparently the app reads them as images, and it doesn't allow to highlight anything in images - and drawing lines takes a lot of time (opening a menu for each individual line, then drawing it, making it shorter or smaller and moving it).
    Does anyone know of an app that makes it easier for me to highlight / draw lines in scanned documents?

2. macrumors newbie

Found it - it was on my iPad all along... apparently, Acrobat Reader doesn't only allow you to read PDFs, but also to annotate and "free-hand" underline things. Exactly what I needed! And it's free...

3. macrumors regular

PDF Expert blows that out of the water in my opinion...a newer one called PDF Max looks promising if you have iphone+ipad because it has an icloud syncing feature to keep your pdfs in sync across devices!

4. macrumors member

Yep, I think PDF Max has potential too. I used Adobe's before but recently switched to PDF Max. While both are free to download, and I found that PDF Max speed is better than Adobe Reader, plus the free version of PDF Max offers bunch of tool which suit with my basic need.

I haven't try PDF Expert but I'm kinda dislike its toolbar.