Annoyance in office:2004

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by sitryd, Sep 19, 2006.

1. sitryd macrumors member

I'm hoping there's an easy solution for this...

Inserting the ? (pi, if it doesnt show up for some reason) in a word document via both the keyboard shortcut and an autocorrect sequence inserts the character but does so in the Mistral font.... The font I am using for the rest of the document does have the glyph, and disabling the Mistral font (which i never use) just results in another font (also illegible) being used in it's place.

Suggestions?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

I'm confused about what you are asking. Could you restate your question?

3. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

4. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

It appears that you have somehow munged some of your fonts. To insert pi, all you need to do is to type [option]-[p] in almost any Latin font. The Insert/Symbol... dialog box in Word defaults to the Symbol font. However, you can change the font to any that has the characters that you need.

5. sitryd thread starter macrumors member

to restate:

while typing in Lucide Grande (the default font for the notebook feature), hitting option-p or typing `p (which i've set up as an autocorrect macro to insert the pi symbol) inserts the pi glyph but does so in the mistral font. any typing after typing option-p is also in the mistral font.

Lucide Grande does indeed have the correct symbol, as I can go and change the font back to Lucide and have the glyph appear correctly. the shortcut for inserting that glyph (option-p) just seems to change the font being used as well