Annoyed With Dabs.com

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by robbieduncan, Nov 17, 2003.

1. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

I am very annoyed with dabs.com following my order for a PowerBook (1.25Ghz stock config). I ordered with them on the 10th November for 1 reason and 1 reason only: they claimed to have stock arriving within 2 days. Following my order this stayed at the same time frame the following day then went out to 3-4 days. I was not too worried about this (although I received no notification from them about all of this: I was expected to keep logging into their website to check on the status). I logged in a couple of days ago only to see that they are now not expecting stock until the 2nd of December.

I should have just ordered from Apple. At least they were honest and said it would take 2-3 weeks. Even worse dabs have withdrawn ALL phone support and queries. I sent them a mail on Sunday and they did not reply today.

I recommend that you all give dabs a wide berth and shop elsewhere.

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

hmmm...funny, I have got nothing but good things to say about dabs.com, I have spent literally thousands with them over the past few years, and they have always been great.

3. robbieduncan thread starter Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

I have had positive experiences with them in the past. They seem to have changed (you used to be able to phone them for example). I am very unimpressed right now.

4. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

With regards to the fact that they no longer can be contacted by telephone; I have found that since they have done this their e-mail communications have been great. I understand your frustration (I would be pissed to), but I wouldn't warn people off of using them because of one incident.

5. robbieduncan thread starter Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Sorry to dredge this thread back up from the depths but I thought those in the UK might like an update.

The 2nd has come and gone. My status has now changed to "Supplier not shipped - No new date". Interestingly if you try to buy a PowerBook on the Dabs site it still says 3-4 days. Not very good eh?

I have emailed my complaints to customer services who are taking upwards of 36 hours to respond. I have resorted to phoning business sales (the only number i can find) and getting the mail address of the guy in charge of customer services instead. I have sent him a mail asking for some sort of firm date and explanation and copied it to Trading Standards both here and in Bolton.

According to Apples site if I order now build time is 7-10 days so I might just get it in time for going on Holiday on the 19th. Unfortunatly there is now way to cancel an order on dabs web site.

Once again I say: do not buy from Dabs.