Annoying Address Book Label Printing

Discussion in 'OS X' started by Elzlaik, Aug 28, 2009.

1. macrumors regular

Damn, I just installed Snow Leopard and see they haven't fixed a pretty major hole in the Address Book label printing process. Address Book still doesn't let you choose which label on a sheet to print on. Say I print one label, then later I go back to print another one. I need to throw away that sheet of 9 unused labels because Address Book will only print starting from the first label. I mean, Mac Word got this right. If Apple wants me to use Address Book for contacts, then they should provide a useful interface for printing labels.

Well, that's my rant for the day. Love Snow Leopard otherwise in the short time I've known it.

2. macrumors newbie

Printing from Address Book

Still trying to figure out how to print from address book also with Snow Leopard not an easy task, did you ever find out how to do this

Thanks

3. macrumors member

When I looked in to it, there were no reasonably priced apps that I liked, that would let you select the label position on a sheet. Got frustrated and bought a stand alone label printer. I'm not real thrilled with the Seiko 440 I bought & would recommend something else if you go that route. The printer is ok, but the software is kind of sucky.

4. macrumors newbie

Mac Address Book Specific label fix??

When I was running leopard, I used my old (I believe) free palm desktop software. Drag a vcard from mail into palm, open it in palm go to print, make proper selections. It will let you select a specific label. Palm desktop will not run on Lion. Lion no longer supports a PPC emulator.

5. illegalprelude, Oct 16, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2011

macrumors 68000

illegalprelude

silly but this is still an issue with Lion. I can't choose to print 25 of the same labels and so I have to do one page with 1 label at a time? Wack :rolleyes: