Annoying habit at Apple stores

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Deepdale, Jun 24, 2006.

1. Deepdale macrumors 68000

Deepdale

By no means do all visitors to an Apple Store do this nor employees working there, but my gripe is directed to those who have the very annoying habit of pounding the palm of their hands or forcefully banging knuckles down against the butcher block tables that the products are displayed on.

Be grateful that everything sold is readily accessible for each of us to use and no time limits are imposed. Is it too much to ask for people to be considerate of the fact that others are only a matter of 1-2 feet away and are easily distracted by the noise and vibrations caused?

The stores are hectic as is from multiple conversations and music playing, but that is perfectly normal for such a place. No reasonable person expects an unrealistic church-like condition to prevail, but please save the full arsenal of nervous habits for when you are within the privacy of your own place. The energy of an Apple store is fun ... just be mindful that you are not alone. Thanks.

2. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

3. celebrian23 macrumors 65816

celebrian23

4. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

I might have to agree, I think you've gone off the Deepend.

5. yankeefan24 macrumors 65816

yankeefan24

6. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

:D

I've never seen that either. But I could see that it would be frustrating? Maybe they're doing a camp dining hall cheer? :eek: ;) :D (sorry! :eek: )

7. adk macrumors 68000

adk

Just start screaming at people for rapping their hands on the table. I'm sure they'll understand.....:rolleyes:

8. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

What are we doing here?....did someone snatch the new macbook from you whiles you was on it in the apple store Deepdale? or you break out in a song and dance number?

Bless

9. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Or cut their hands off. Either one should work great. ;)

10. fistful macrumors 6502a

fistful

The thing about nervous habits is that they're typically unintentional. I think you need not worry so much what others are doing and take care of your own end.

what's that saying? "People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones".

11. w_parietti22 macrumors 68020

Huh???

what are they doing? :confused: Maybe you can describe it better so that more people understand.

12. dpaanlka macrumors 601

dpaanlka

13. Deepdale thread starter macrumors 68000

Deepdale

And I'll be nice enough not to share what I think of your comment, plus the others who were similarly mystified.

14. treblah macrumors 65816

treblah

15. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Why? :confused: ...and do you do this everywhere, or just at Apple Stores? :confused:

16. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
    Be glad you can even go to an Apple Store, I've never even been to one, and unless I go on a big road trip, I won't be in one for a long time......

17. realityisterror macrumors 65816

realityisterror

No, no, no...
    I've been to Apple stores in several different places, and without fail the same thing is always happening. There's always a college-age male using the G5 with the 30" and the keyboard. He's always either writing an earth shattering new piece in GarageBand with the speakers up, or editing a movie.

By all means, do whatever you want, but turn the volume down and do your video work on your own computer rather than hogging the Apple Store... If you have to, bring it in and burn it, but at least edit it at home...

Do others see this?
    Or am I just a paranoid freak? :cool:

18. virus1 macrumors 65816

virus1

what?? here comes the jealousy:

YOU HAVE YOUR OWN APPLE STORE!! I WANT ONE!! :( ;) :p :rolleyes: :mad: :confused: :eek: :cool: :D ok nuff smileys

19. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

i can't stand when people people "play" with the speakers and turn them up to test it but never turn it off/down after they leave...they always play some crappy 50 cent song (and no comments on the rumor please :p )

20. w_parietti22 macrumors 68020

oh, and especially when little kids touch the metal part inside of the Creatures... argggg... it gets on my nerves

21. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

No really, please do tell.

22. mjstew33 macrumors 601

mjstew33

I'm hardly at the Apple Store around here, it's 1 1/2 hours away... and one is like 45 mins..

the 1 1/2 hour one is on michigan avenue in chicago i love that store.

23. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Tapping? That's the complaint you needed to make?

Man, I'll tap dance on a table if it's allowed. There's lots of things that annoy me too, but I don't think I should complain about them. They're not doing anything wrong. Maybe you drooling over a new Mac is annoying to someone else. ;)

I'm sure even my incredibly good looks annoy some of the other guys I meet every day.