Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Deepdale

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 4, 2005
New York
By no means do all visitors to an Apple Store do this nor employees working there, but my gripe is directed to those who have the very annoying habit of pounding the palm of their hands or forcefully banging knuckles down against the butcher block tables that the products are displayed on.

Be grateful that everything sold is readily accessible for each of us to use and no time limits are imposed. Is it too much to ask for people to be considerate of the fact that others are only a matter of 1-2 feet away and are easily distracted by the noise and vibrations caused?

The stores are hectic as is from multiple conversations and music playing, but that is perfectly normal for such a place. No reasonable person expects an unrealistic church-like condition to prevail, but please save the full arsenal of nervous habits for when you are within the privacy of your own place. The energy of an Apple store is fun ... just be mindful that you are not alone. Thanks.

fistful

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2004
Socan
The thing about nervous habits is that they're typically unintentional. I think you need not worry so much what others are doing and take care of your own end.

what's that saying? "People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones".

realityisterror

macrumors 65816
Aug 30, 2003
Snellville, GA
No, no, no...
I've been to Apple stores in several different places, and without fail the same thing is always happening. There's always a college-age male using the G5 with the 30" and the keyboard. He's always either writing an earth shattering new piece in GarageBand with the speakers up, or editing a movie.

By all means, do whatever you want, but turn the volume down and do your video work on your own computer rather than hogging the Apple Store... If you have to, bring it in and burn it, but at least edit it at home...

Do others see this?
Or am I just a paranoid freak? :cool:

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
i can't stand when people people "play" with the speakers and turn them up to test it but never turn it off/down after they leave...they always play some crappy 50 cent song (and no comments on the rumor please :p )

w_parietti22

macrumors 68020
Apr 16, 2005
Seattle, WA
puckhead193 said:
i can't stand when people people "play" with the speakers and turn them up to test it but never turn it off/down after they leave...they always play some crappy 50 cent song (and no comments on the rumor please :p )

oh, and especially when little kids touch the metal part inside of the Creatures... argggg... it gets on my nerves

FocusAndEarnIt

macrumors 601
May 29, 2005
I'm hardly at the Apple Store around here, it's 1 1/2 hours away... and one is like 45 mins..

the 1 1/2 hour one is on michigan avenue in chicago i love that store.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Tapping? That's the complaint you needed to make?

Man, I'll tap dance on a table if it's allowed. There's lots of things that annoy me too, but I don't think I should complain about them. They're not doing anything wrong. Maybe you drooling over a new Mac is annoying to someone else. ;)

I'm sure even my incredibly good looks annoy some of the other guys I meet every day.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.