Annoying Mail 2.1 Bug

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Moof1904, Nov 7, 2006.

1. Moof1904 macrumors 65816

May 20, 2004
    I'm experiencing an annoying bug in Mail 2.1. I have Mail configured to check four email accounts: two professional and two personal. The professional email accounts have signatures. The personal ones do not. When I create a new mail message from either personal account (either by creating a new message or responding to a personal message) the signature from my professional account appears at the bottom of the personal email, even though the Signature pop-up shows "None."

Clicking the pop-up and re-choosing None (the only choice under the pop-up since there's no signatures defined for the personal account) causes the unwanted signature to disappear.

I recently moved my email from one Mac to another and the problem persists. If it's a corrupted support file, it could be that I moved the corrupted file when I migrated my email.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Any suggestions for fixing it?
  2. Moof1904 thread starter macrumors 65816

May 20, 2004
  3. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Apr 3, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    That doesn't occur for me.

Indeed, if it's a corrupt PLIST file then transferring your old one to the new machine will carry this problem over. If you're bored, you could try opening a new user account on your Mac in System Preferences, reconfiguring that version of Mail manually and seeing if the problem carries over. If it does, then we know it's probably your PLIST file's fault. :)