Anodized Color Aluminim PB? Maybe iBooks?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by pilzbury, Mar 20, 2004.

1. pilzbury macrumors newbie

I was thinking tonight at the late hour of 1:30 a.m. (maybe not so late for some of you, and yes for once I was thinking...it hurts so much.) But I had this thought, "Hey Anodized Color Aluminum iPod Mini's! I wonder if Apple is going to make (since they are aluminum) color PB's?" But I was also thinking. What if they outfitted the iBooks to be Aluminum and made them all color different colors, so that you could tell the difference between PB's and iBooks. I think it would be a a bit cool. Maybe not I am not sure. Do you think it could happen? Would you buy one? I mean with the "artist rendition" of the new displays being aluminum, and the G5's, the PB's. and now the iPod Mini's I am noticing a theme here. Maybe well see a Change in 10.4 - customize your brushed metal Safari, etc. HA! that'd be something. Night. :D

2. KC9AIC macrumors 6502

KC9AIC

I for one want black anodized aluminum PowerBook G5s, but then again I'd settle for a PB G5 in Swamp green if they were to come out soon!

3. theipodgod16 macrumors 6502

...but most pee-cee notebooks are black....i think the aluminum is a great finish, i cant stop running my hand along the outside of that lil 12'' powerbook....

4. Jo-Kun macrumors 6502a

5. KC9AIC macrumors 6502

KC9AIC

What I want for black anodized PBs is to have a sleek, metallic lustre and sheen, but darkened with black. Blackened metal will look very different from black plastic.

6. aswitcher macrumors 603

aswitcher

There was another thread where the new look was discussed. A darker aluminium look was one idea to distinguish the new books.

PBs have to maintain a corporate look, so I don't see gold or pink ones appearing. Perhaps one day a custom build option...

I would like to explore a darker golf ball like surface myself as the extra grip would be nice

7. thejazzman10 Guest

If you would like to color your mac,this place seems purty cool...........this place

8. thejazzman10 Guest

If you would like to color your mac,this place seems purty cool...........check it out!!-this place

9. Jo-Kun macrumors 6502a

happens to be the same link I just posted, www.colorwarepc.com

nice that you read the posts before you set your own ;-)

(happens a lot here... people saying the same thing 4 or 5 times on one subject...)

greetings J

10. jsj macrumors newbie

I had the same thought the other day. Allows a little customization without sacrificing the OS X look. Seems like a reasonable alternative to themes.