Anonying squeak on my 12" PowerBook keyboard

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by xeronine, Feb 5, 2006.

1. xeronine macrumors newbie

Feb 5, 2006
    Hi everyone,

This is my first post, so don't yell at me if this is the wrong spot to post it.

Anyway, I bought my first Apple computer, a 12" PowerBook at the very end of December last year, and I'm having an intermittent but very annoying problem. My spacebar key has started to make a squeaking type noise. I don't know how else to describe it but it's quite irritating.

Does anyone know what I can do about this? I know it seems trivial, but it really bothers me. Is this a common problem?

Thanks for any input anyone can offer!
  2. yankeefan24 macrumors 65816

Dec 24, 2005
    This is where i would have posted this. congrats on first post.

You've only had it for just over a month so you could bring it to the apple store to have them look at it. I don't believe that there is any metal underneath the keys so i doubt it is something involving the actual apple-hardware. Something may be stuck under there, so if you feel comfortable you can take off the space bar and check. just save everything there. I remember with an old IBM laptop the l key fell off and i lost the plastic thing and we had only a suction cup as the l key so…

someone else here might have a better idea but thats all i can think of.
  3. calebjohnston macrumors 68000

Jan 24, 2006
    if it is your first mac, I would recommend just taking it to the genius bar - definetely make an appointment online ahead of time. The keyboards can be tricky on their newest revision laptops.