Another Allen teammate recalls deer head incident

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Sep 27, 2006.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

Jul 18, 2002

not sure who's been following the allen / webb senatorial race, but the once-assured-to-be-reelected allen has made a few racist comments, opening up examination of his past. what sounded made up at first -- an incident with a deer head -- is gaining some credibility.

2. Black&Tan macrumors 6502a

Mar 4, 2004
    Wow. That's too bizarre to believe. This seems to be a very calculated smear campaign by his opponent or a political group. If this is so egregious, and it certainly appears to be, why is it coming out now instead of when he first ran for the Senate?

I've heard about his use of the "n" word, and while distasteful, it was in the 70's. And in Virginia to boot, not exactly a progressive state. I can remember my grandmother saying it in the early 80's, so there was a time when it was in use. Even the black community continues to use it today, which I don't understand.

While I strongly believe that we need to hold congress accountable for doing less work than any previous congress, I think we need to use their current record as the basis to judge their competency. Not what they did 30 or 40 years ago.
  3. FFTT macrumors 68030

Apr 17, 2004
    A Stoned Throw From Ground Zero
    I agree, we should concentrate on the incompetence of todays Congress.
  4. clevin macrumors G3

Aug 6, 2006
    yeah, why swiftboat vets jump out in Oct of 2004 just before election against Kerry?
    this politically system is broken, as long as gop is doing this, dem should do it too, i don't buy those "lets focus on issues", why GOP can use it to control dumb ppl, while dems can't?
    and also, its ok for him to use N-word and deer-head-terrorism in 70s, its not ok for him to keep that mind and call ppl macaca today!
    last, apparent Jim Webb was asked same question also, so I doubt its from Webb campaign, altho im sure this was dug out by some democrat's supporters.
  5. mactastic macrumors 68040

Apr 24, 2003
    This doesn't look like a smear campaign by Webb to me. My guess is that if Allen had not called that Webb staffer the "m" word on video, none of this would be happening. Add in the stirrings of a Left Wing Noise Machine and technology like youtube, and you've got a situation where Allen's ability to hide his racist past is greatly diminished. Remember, this is a Southern California kid, son of a famous football coach, who kept the Stars and Bars on his office wall along with a noose -- for no real reason he says.

No, Allen has left himself open to this by years of flirting with nationalists, racists, and other assorted extreme-right types.

While I agree with you, I'd be curious to know what Allen's position on using issues from 30 or 40 years ago was when John Kerry was under attack from the "Swift Boat" crowd.