Another Bag Thread, but i swear i searched first.

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Paulhammer, Jul 28, 2006.

1. Paulhammer macrumors newbie

Apr 12, 2006
    Hey all,
    As one of the bazillion university students heading back to school in september and looking at buying a macbook (or macbook pro, depending on wwdc developments), i was hoping someone could give me some input on bags.

So i've browsed around a fair bit, looked at crumpler, timbuk2, stm and such, and came across a company called Manhattan Portage. Their bags appear well layed out and logical/durable, as well as more affordable than some others. I'm interested in the 'computer bag' and westside bag as well as the dj shoulder bag. I'm not stuck on getting one specifically for laptops, as i'm sure a radtech sleeve would be fine for protection...

Also in consideration are comparable bags from crumpler and stm.

Anybody have any insight on these bags?

2. DarkNetworks macrumors 68000

Apr 12, 2005
  3. Lobos macrumors member

Jun 11, 2005
    I just posted this to another thread on the same topic...

I was in your same situation last summer. I read through hundreds of posts on here and went to all sorts of stores and finally settled on the Dakine Duel ( It comes in several colors.

I was looking for something that didn't look like a laptop bag, that could be used as a regular backpack as well, had protection for the laptop, and looked good. I've been really happy with it. I have a 15" PowerBook and it fits well. The compartment for the laptop is really nice because the zipper is on the side. It makes sliding the PB in and out really easy. For me, it's the perfect college laptop bag!

PS - I think it looks better in person than online.
  4. Max on Macs macrumors 6502

Max on Macs

Feb 25, 2006
    Milton Keynes, UK
    I would highly recommend the Be.ez LeBag. It's a fantastic bag - got mine delivered on Thursday.

Also those who saw my other thread will know I promised a review on Friday. I didn't get around to it but I promise I wqill do tomorrow afternoon.
  5. coastertux macrumors regular

Jul 17, 2006
    I highly recomment Brenthaven ( bags. They offer amazing protection.
  6. agentphish macrumors 65816

Sep 7, 2004
    Timbuk2 standard messenger bag (medium size) with a waterfield designs sleeve ( has been working very well for me for the last 2 years. I love them both. Waterfield has GREAT quality and even better customer service. They even emailed me twice after i purchased my sleeve just to make sure everything was to my satisfaction.
  7. Felldownthewell macrumors 65816

Feb 10, 2006
    They are a bit expensive, but I swear by my Chrome bag. I have a laptop case (a thin marware) which I stick in there (I didn't get the laptop sleeve, but I know there is one), and it carries EVERYTHING- schoolbooks to clothes to cameras. If you bike, it is amazing, it looks great, and I always get comments on it. It is also indestructable. I have taken that bag to school for two years, every day, and taken to friend's houses, camping, Italy, Germany, Holland, France, and Monaco, as well as school trips, and general summer use. I don't think I could rip it if I tried. Anyway, I'm starting to sound like an info-mercial, but I really do like this bag. So here is the link: I got the Citizen model