Another Big iTMS Tuesday

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Makosuke, Sep 30, 2003.

1. Makosuke macrumors 603

There was a thread last week talking about the huge number of songs added to the iTMS (over 10,000 by my very rough estimate), and it looks like Apple is continuing the trend--there are even more this week!

Still waiting for some classic Weird Al albums, but it's good to see the selection rapidly expanding--a few more weeks like this, and they'll be over 300,000.

2. Ambrose Chapel macrumors 65816

Ambrose Chapel

has apple announced how big the current library of the iTMS is?

3. howard macrumors 68020

howard

i really wish they had a ticker somewhere that showed how many downloads songs are available...that and how many downloads..

in fact wouldn't it be cool to see how many times each song was downloaded?

i like there top albums idea but not for the day...why not in all...

4. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

iTMS will never be great until radiohead is on it. period.

5. Makosuke thread starter macrumors 603

Although I can see the logic behind not doing a running tally of total songs and downloads (particularly the number of songs--it'd look ba if there's a problem, some have to be removed, and the number goes down), but I agree that it'd be very cool.

Showing the total downloads for some individual song would probably look bad, though, since a lot of the numbers would be very low or zero. Plugging the big sellers is fine, but you don't want to cheapen the obscure tracks.

6. mrjamin macrumors 65816

mrjamin

tis true. are there many/any independant artists on there?

ot: going to see radiohead in 6 weeks :D, muse in 6 weeks and 1 day

7. Juventuz macrumors 6502a

Juventuz

Ughh, one of the MOST OVERRATED bands of all time...

going back to the topic, it bugs me when I keep reading articles and they state that the iTMS has only 200,000 songs. That's when it was released, don't they realize that Apple adds more songs every Tuesday?

8. dynamicd macrumors 6502

There are quite a few indie artists getting exposure. The new Atmosphere recored was released last week and I was surprised that the itms had it. He's one of the top underground hip-hop artists. None of that mtv, ghetto s*^% that they play on the radio.

9. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

you sound like a man who hasn't truly listened to them. i've never heard someone over rate them.

10. jimthorn macrumors 6502a

jimthorn

Yes, there are. I picked up Damien Rice's album "O" at the iTMS recently. Good stuff.

11. rueyeet macrumors 65816

rueyeet

I've tried listening to their stuff, but I just can't stand the singer's voice. Which is a real shame, because I do think they write good music....but his voice just puts me off, every time. Like fingernails on a blackboard.

There are actually quite a few bands where the "iTMS will never be great until <band name> is on it" applies. I look forward to the day when they're ALL there!! :cool:

12. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

i didn't like it at first. in fact, the first time i heard radiohead, OK COMPUTER, i hated it with a passion. it wasn't till amnesiac that i realized that his voice is perfect for the style of music they do. now i like his voice.

"why so green and lonely... and lonely?
    heaven sent you to me, to me...

we're accidents waiting to happen. "