Another Bill Gates photoshop-fun.

Discussion in 'Community' started by zarathustra, Mar 4, 2003.

1. zarathustra macrumors 6502a

zarathustra

Just for sh*ts and giggles:

Attached Files:

2. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

Cool!

Now I have the Antichrist's unified persona on both registers as desktops!:D

3. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Re: Another Bill Gates photoshop-fun.

Hiel Hitler! He forgot his uniform! :p

4. beez7777 macrumors 6502a

beez7777

oh man, i cant believe this, its crazy. i guess great minds think alike, heres something i did a few weeks ago, same reason, sh*ts and giggles. :D :D

EDIT: make sure to maximize your window to get all of the picture in.

Attached Files:

5. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

Bill Gates is funny. I think every person at mac rumors should
    send an email to microsoft saying 'Bill Gates: will you send me
    money???'. You know, just for ****s and giggles. :D

6. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

man, that was awesome with the Dr. Strangelove in the corner. Kudos, although more PS credit is due to zarathustra for a good job with the moustaché. this is classic, guys.

7. crassusad44 macrumors 6502a

PC Clone: You could have spared yourself and us for that picture. Hitler was responsible for the death of 80 million people thanks to his different thinking. It stops beeing fun when you think of that fact...

8. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

Would Hitler use a Mac or a PC?

Just a thought.

Apple need the p*ss ripped out of them for that campaign, "Think Differently", christ boys, we gave you a language, kindly use it properly:D ;)

Good picture.

9. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

haha, my english teacher really respected black history month and she really loved martin luther king. I gave her one of my many martin luther king think different poster so she could hang up. she hangs it up and the first thing she does is take a sharpie and right "ly" and the end of it. then she goes on and on on how apple doesnt use proper grammer in that ad campaign. her being the english teacher i left it at that and just laughed. she is right though. maybe thats the reason theydont do the ad campaign anymore.

iJon

10. alex_ant macrumors 68020

alex_ant

That first Gates pic makes him look like Eric S. Raymond, famous psychopathic (and freakishly ugly) Linux evangelist. I don't know if you were trying to achieve that or if you were trying to achieve a Hitler, but it doesn't matter because ESR is much uglier than Hitler or anyone else for that matter:

Attached Files:

11. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Actually, the Think Different campaign is not grammatically incorrect, it just goes against our normal perception of the word "Different". Apple is not telling us to think in a different way, which would be written Think Differently, but instead they are telling us to think "different", as in thinking of the word different, or of something that is different. Now, possibly it could still be argued that quotation marks are needed around the word different if that is the case, but since Apple was obviously trying to get us to think of something that was different (the Mac OS), and not the word different itself, it does not require those marks.
    Now that you are empowered in your knowledge of the English language, go out there and tell all your English teachers to Think Different!

JW

12. voicegy macrumors 65816

voicegy

Sandy Eggo - MacRumors Member since 1-1-2002
    Thank you, Skywalker, you beat me to it.:rolleyes:

That is quite correct...the topic was beaten to death when the campaign first came out, and I certainly would expect a company such as Apple to properly research grammar rules before embarking on such a huge campaign. And they did.

13. zarathustra thread starter macrumors 6502a

zarathustra

OK, after seeing someone's photoshop attempt, I did an update:

Attached Files:

14. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

uhh, try 6 million. still not great, but better than 80.

and obviously, hitler did think different. but not in a way we like.

aside from the genocide, hitler was remarked to be a charismatic people-person who was articulate and intelligent.

unfortunately, he was also a little crazy.

i can't even take offense... PC clone, nice try, next time go for a whole set-- you could do charles manson, jeffrey dahmer, harold shipman, fred and rose west, and albert fisher. some obscurity lends authenticity to the work.

pnw

15. beez7777 macrumors 6502a

beez7777

actually i was 6 million jews, and 7 million poles, and others. so that makes 13 million people. that hitler TD theme isnt't really anything new, there's a whole bunch of em over at spymac, and all they do is get some people mad

zarathustra, nice job on the arm band, looks nice.

16. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

PC Clone, i was upset at first by the chilling tone of your picture, but i see now that you're making an excellent, ironic point. here we are comparing billybob to the Führer, and snickering about it, but oh, can't compare Apple to him. even if the gates analogy is more... politically accurate... the fact remains that bill gates is just as innocent as jobs of the deaths of 6 million jews, of 13 million people. that is every bit as outrageous as comparing apple to him.

it's amazing how hypocritical we get. i was feeling the same as the others who responded negatively to you, but i do see a very huge double standard here now. i admire your sense of irony :)

17. beez7777 macrumors 6502a

beez7777

aside from all this, i must say pc clone that that is a nice picture selection to use as a TD poster, and pretty well done, better than a lot of spoofs i've seen.

18. PC Clone macrumors member

I didn't make the picture... I just though it was appropriate for the tone of this thread =)

19. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

oh come on, this is macrumors, not history class or a funeral. he is just posting a picture. dont be a baby and take it the harsh way.

iJon

20. Kethoticus macrumors 6502

Kethoticus

In a word...

...brilliant. It's now my new work desktop (you know, that place where many of us have all Win2000 systems).

21. Computer_Phreak macrumors 6502

ok.. well i have a good idea for a picture

I just hope my PS skillz are up to the task...

stay tuned for my pic!

22. Computer_Phreak macrumors 6502

ok here it is:

(by the way, if you are in any way offended by the swastika or the relation of bill gates to hitler, I'm sorry. I do not mean to be offensive in any way. I think what hitler/bill gates did is wrong)

[​IMG]

23. beez7777 macrumors 6502a

beez7777

i'm not sure if this has been discussed before, but we should have photoshop contests every now and then. i see them a lot at spymac, and they seem to do pretty decent, even if it is a crappy site.