Another cell phone advice thread

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Timepass, Jul 17, 2006.

1. Timepass macrumors 65816

Next month I am switching over to cingular wireless and have to replace my cell phone (which is on its last leg any how).

I could use some advice on what new phone to get that cingular sells.

Requirements are
    It be a flip phone (or at least one I can cover the keypad when I am not using it)
    It be able to take a fair ammount of abuse and keep working (Right now i average 1 phone every 6 months.)

Oh and I dont like them to be bulky and heavy. They live in my pocket so I hae to carryi it around.

Right now the razer looks good to be but I was wondering everyone thoughs on it and stuff.

2. atari1356 macrumors 68000

atari1356

I'm considering switching to Cingular as well - been looking at the RAZR and also the Sony Ericsson z520a.

The Sony has a much better battery life, but is a bit thicker.

[​IMG]

I haven't looked at many phones other than those, because I want one with bluetooth... and I want a flip-phone.

3. Timepass thread starter macrumors 65816

handed though about that one yet.

I know I personally could not stand having a phone that was not a flip phone.

I am looking forward to replacing my spirnt phone. That poor thing is starting to have issues of its own. It built like a tank and has been though hell (including being thown to the floor hard enough to bounce back up into my hand and only suffered a crack casing for it and the camra quite working). Great phone but it time for a new one. I honestly dont think my current one could last more than a few more months. Alreayd set a record for being the phone that lasted the longest with me (a little over a year and still ticking).

now if I could only convenice cell phone manufactors that I am a great person to test phone in ruggeness. Make it 6 months with me and you phone is good.

4. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

2 recommendations:

1. I recommend not going with Cingular.

2. I recommend getting a Sony Ericsson phone.

5. atari1356 macrumors 68000

atari1356

In my area, Cingular is the only provider with Sony Ericsson phones.

Is your dissatisfaction with Cingular due to customer service issues? bad coverage in your area? or something else?

6. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Coverage blows in my area. Never dealt with cingular's customer service.

And you can always get unlocked cell phones off eBay, I have a Sony Ericsson w810i I got from eBay. It isn't even sold in the US by any provider yet.

7. Timepass thread starter macrumors 65816

not really a choice for me. Cingular is the company my parents are with and we are trying to consoldate the phone bills (right now they are split across 1 cingular verizon and sprint) Verizon worthless where spent 3/4 of the year. Spirnt coverage is poor for my brother and my travelling. And Cingular is really good all over the state of texas or at least where I spend all my time and drive though.

Plus where I am Cingular is really pretty good service wise. (my only choice are sprint and Cingular. Cingular has much better covarage for where I am currently located and for the trip home.