Another Child kidnapped

Discussion in 'Community' started by Backtothemac, Jul 26, 2002.

1. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Jan 3, 2002
    San Destin Florida
    Man, what is the deal with all of the child abductions going on! This is rediculous. We have discussed this in other threads, but something has to be done. Yes, parents have to watch their children, but the laws have to change. I encourage all of you to write or call your congressman or congresswoman and demand legislation that would make the 1st offense of child molestation life with no parole, and the same for kidnapping.
  2. synergy macrumors regular

Jun 12, 2002
    Re: Another Child kidnapped

Part of it is more coverage as well from the news networks is why you think there is more of it. From stats point of view I am not entirely sure it is up.

As for calling your congressperson, make sure its your state level elected officials and not the federal. Majority of those cases are handled at the state level. Yes FBI does help out in kidnapping cases but usually they are tried at the state level.
  3. topicolo macrumors 68000

Jun 4, 2002
    Ottawa, ON
    eh, they should just go castrate every kidnapper they find and convict. That'll keep the rest of the pervs in line. :)
  4. Backtothemac thread starter macrumors 601

Jan 3, 2002
    San Destin Florida
    Well, they found her body. She is dead. Another friggin dirtbag killing an innocent little girl. Are the little girls not safe anywhere? Do they really have to live their lives in fear of being a victim?

I am to the point that I think they should be executed for a first offense. Nothing is more precious or sacred than our children. Teach these dirtbags a lesson.:mad:
  5. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

Feb 2, 2002
    I agree that there needs to be stiffer penalties on such actions, but i'm concerned with something else... What's with the rash of kidnappings? I mean, maybe i just havent been paying attention in recent years, but why so many so fast? or is it just hightened media attention? it seems like 2002 is going to be the Year of the Molestors or something...

any thoughts?

perhaps the Crimson King again plays the role of Herod...

erm, sorry... heh...
    damn literary hallucinations...

6. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Nov 1, 2001
    Well, copycats always happen with largely publicized crimes - its just terrible that it has to happen. Look at all the school shootings - now its kidnapping. I think part of the problem is the media sensationalizing the crimes, making them more glamorous than they really are, especially for people looking to get noticed/notoriety/15 minutes of fame.

D :(