Another Core2Duo related question...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by tanda4, Oct 20, 2006.

1. tanda4 macrumors newbie

Oct 8, 2006
    I finally realized why I am so paranoid about Apple updating their product lines...It's because they keep it so secretive, unlike Dell and the others. In the past I would never give a thought about what technology is coming next.

Anyway, I purchased a MacBook today, does Apple do anything for the customer if Core2Duo comes out next week? Would I be able to exchange it for the Core2Duo within the 14 day policy and would I have to pay the 10% restocking fee?

2. mdntcallr macrumors 65816

Aug 1, 2000
    Los Angeles, CA
    doh, why did you order it?

they have the new model coming within weeks. oh well. i believe they have a restocking fee. they may waive it if they are nice.

but if you get it... all bets are off and that isnt guaranteed by apple.

you should have waited just a couple weeks more
  3. tanda4 thread starter macrumors newbie

Oct 8, 2006
    Thanks for rubbing it in ;)
  4. flalaw macrumors regular

Aug 11, 2006
    United States
    if its unopened you should be fine returning it w/o restocking fee
  5. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

Oct 11, 2004
    On the Left Coast - Victoria BC Canada
    If you are severely worried, don't open the box. You then have (10 days?) to return it with no restocking charge.

If you need to use it before 10 days, just open the $@#*ed thing, be happy with your beautiful Mac and stop worrying.
  6. SpankyPenzaanz macrumors 6502a

Sep 4, 2006
    i see apple putting a core2duo in the macbookpro and leaving the macbook the same if not just a small speedboost before putting c2d in the macbook
  7. miles01110 macrumors Core

Jul 24, 2006
    The Ivory Tower (I'm not coming down)
  8. Warbrain macrumors 603

Jun 28, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Honestly, just use it and enjoy it. You're going to end up being outdated at some point, it's part of life. You have a great computer that will be able to do everything that you need it to do just fine, so just use it.