Another Diablo Question

Discussion in 'Games' started by Albone, Apr 8, 2004.

1. Albone macrumors regular

Jul 22, 2003
    Is it possible for me to have Diablo 2 and the expansion installed seperately on my mac?

I haven't finished Diablo 2 and would like to, but my friends, with the expansion want to play online and I would like to participate in that.

I want my cake and eat it too.
  2. Stike macrumors 65816

Jan 31, 2002
    You mean that you can choose to play Diablo 2 Classic OR Diablo 2: LOD?
    Well, I think the easiest way is to install it twice, and install the expansion on one install.
  3. invaLPsion macrumors 65816

Jan 2, 2004
    The Northlands
    You can still play the entire game with the same character if you install the xpansion. There are just stuff added and the additional act.
  4. seamuskrat macrumors 6502a

Feb 17, 2003
    New Jersey USA
    Yes- sort of.
    You can instal both. Just o NOT convert your standard characters to Expansion. YOu can always convert the old ones later, but you can never go back. This holds true on BNET as well, although there seem to be very few games of regularD2 on BNET these days.
    The expansion and the 1.10 patch is what the online BattleNet world is using. Because of some major differences and many more subtle differences, you do NOT want base your strategy based on your old style of game or version.

Single player has not been hit as hard as the BNET version for balance and game play IMO. Both are fun, but I enjoy BNET far more than any single player campaigns.

The Expansion adds a few things over the original. For example, it adds an Act V. So, you still have to complete 'classic' D2 forst. Second, it adds 2 more character classes, which are fun, as well as increased stash size, alternate weapons, and rune words, and many other enhancements. It makes playing the first 4 acts more enjoyable IMO.

SoI would go ahead and play the 1.10 patch expansion and enjoy all 5 acts with it.

5. Sedulous macrumors 68000

Dec 10, 2002
    I haven't tried installing Xpac on my mac, but on the PC, the original D2 icon is still present and starts the original... but my memory may be wrong as this was from years ago.