Another double standard?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by mactastic, Nov 14, 2003.

1. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Story
    Question is, where is the terrorism charge? The DC snipers are facing the death penalty on terrorism charges, yet this guy is not being charged with that. When ELF was torching SUVs, many around the country were demanding that they be charged under terrorism statutes. But when Eric Rudolph or Paul Hill or Jordi face justice, it is never with the threat of a terrorism charge over their head. Is it because he is a Christian? None of the news stories I have seen related to this even mention terrorism tangentially. Would a Muslim be charged with possesion of an unregistered firearm or destructive device and not be charged with terrorism?

2. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

yes, it is outrageous. we've not seen a christian crusader charged w/ a terrorism crime. i can't recall any of the majors using that term, either.

but, just last night, the elder DC sniper was called a terrorist on ABC. and he wasn't even (allegedly) shooting people for political gain, whereas this guy was.

(in my book, terrorism must be directed against civilians for a political reason)

3. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

You're writing a book?

4. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

oops

"in my book", not "in my book", if that makes sense.

i _am_ head writer of a politically-motivated play that'll be debuting in the spring... but no book.

5. jonapete2001 macrumors regular

i might be wrong, but a few months ago i saw on tv that a man who tried to blow up a abortion clinic was the first us citizen "non islamic" charged under the the terrorism laws.

6. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

if you can find a link to it, please post it.