Another Dumb Question (probably)

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by OCOTILLO, Mar 7, 2006.

1. OCOTILLO macrumors regular

I received my new Mac mini, set it up, and everything worked fine. I only have one problem. About every 15 minutes or so, I get a message displayed from "Internet Connect" that states I am still connected to the internet. I then have to click on "stay connected" before I can continue with what I am doing. It is annoying. I looked in system preferences, "Internet and Network" and could find no place to disable this message. My "dumb" question is: How do I disable this message?

2. Kernow macrumors 65816

Kernow

You're nearly there :)

In System Preferences>Network>Internal Modem>Configure, there should be a button saying PPP Options. If you hit that then you should see an option to have a warning to maintain connection. De-check that box and you should be rid of the annoying messages.

3. plinden macrumors 68040

plinden

Edit: Ah, I think Kernow got it - forget I said anything. I don't see this because my router maintains the connection.

4. OCOTILLO thread starter macrumors regular

My system preferences does not show a Internal Modem option. (The new minis do not have internal modems.)

5. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

what he said, only look for INTERNET CONNECT (in the apps folder) and find the PPP settings. I think that should work.

Sounds like you have DSL?

6. OCOTILLO thread starter macrumors regular

I fixed it. I found the message in PPPoE options - finally. Thanks to everyone for their help.