Another DVD Studio Pro Question

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by MT37, Nov 1, 2006.

1. MT37 macrumors regular

MT37

Alright, well I finally constructed the whole DVD. And at the top it says it's only 3.9 GBs. So I go to build/format it, and then I get an error saying the video bitrate is too high.

So I'm confused on that.

What should I do? I need to get this DVD done as soon and as quick as possible.

2. cdarlington1 macrumors regular

cdarlington1

Re Encode

Looks like when you encoded it was set too high. I usually encode 2 pass VBR with the average around 6.5 with the max set to about 7.5. Hope this helps. I usually use a preset in Compressor.

3. Mydriasis macrumors 6502

Mydriasis

4. MT37 thread starter macrumors regular

MT37

No, I have the actual movie. A behind the scenes featurette, origin of the character featurette, trailer of the film, bloopers & deleted scenes, and an interview video. Also there are two commentaries, and 7 menu screens.

5. Mydriasis macrumors 6502

Mydriasis

I was just asking... because there is this really weird unknow error where some pictures just dont work with a slide show.

I had this once and went to a couple of FCP forums to ask for help... I wasn't the only one with the problem either, there is this one picture that I never got into a DVD SP Slideshow. No matter what I did to it. Converted it in PS to different files, etc, etc. I even took a screen shot of the picture and didn't work. I sent the picture to other people and they couldn't get it to work either. I finally just left it out, oh well.

Maybe its like when you try to open a scan of a dollar bill in PS. Who knows.

Anyways back to your problem, look in the encoding log to see during which process the error occurs. Thats the file that your going to have to work on.

Is the audio compressed? Remember they add up on the DVD, when it comes to bitrate.

BTW the total DVD file size doesn't matter if you surpass the max biterate for only a fracction of a second.

6. evil_santa macrumors 6502a

evil_santa

I had a full frame graphic in a DVD project that just would not encode, I think it had so much detail in it, it could not be compressed within the max bit rate, I tamed the graphic down & it worked ok. !:eek:

7. MT37 thread starter macrumors regular

MT37

Yeah, I really don't think that's the problem. It's either the main movie or the other videos. Because in the log I think it stops at the movie. I'm trying to use compressor to compress it, but I don't know if that would work or not.

Any other ideas would be great. Thanks.

Oh yeah, I just need atleast one copy by Sunday at the latest.

8. bigbossbmb macrumors 68000

bigbossbmb

be sure to compress the audio as well. DO NOT leave it as .aiff, encode it into dolby AC3. This will lower the overall bitrate of the movie.

9. MT37 thread starter macrumors regular

MT37

Alright, I'll recompress the audio. Thanks.

10. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

guaranteed thats your problem.

while DVD can use PCM audio, like WAV and AIFF, they are useless.

compress into .ac3 (using the included encoder) and youll be set, drops the size 10x.

11. MT37 thread starter macrumors regular

MT37

I compressed, and changed the audio settings and it worked perfectly!

Thanks, everyone!