Another Ebay question

Discussion in 'Picture Gallery' started by Mike Teezie, Dec 19, 2008.

1. macrumors 68020

Mike Teezie

Nov 20, 2002
    I won an auction yesterday using the buy it now feature. I paid with PayPal instantly, and thought everything was cool.

I got an email from ebay several hours later saying that they had removed the listing and cancel all bids.

Well, that was several hours after I had already payed.

Today, I check my account balance, and Paypal has withdrawn the funds from my account. Am I going to get the item, or was this a scam? Should I wait to see if the item comes in, or should I try to get my money back from Paypal?
  2. macrumors 601

Nov 19, 2007
    Georgia, USA
  3. macrumors 6502a

Jun 8, 2007
    Orange County, CA
    Maybe we can turn it into: post a picture of your favorite eBay scam auction? lol
  4. macrumors 68020

Dec 29, 2003
    West Coast
    Did you ask the seller about this?

I'm guessing that would be a lot more informative than asking us...
  5. macrumors 68040

Nov 8, 2007
    If you received an EMAIL from eBay, that means it SHOULD be in your eBay inbox. If it's not there, then it's a scam and contact PayPal immediately!
  6. thread starter macrumors 68020

Mike Teezie

Nov 20, 2002
    Jeez, I've never posted anything in the wrong forum before.

Sorry about that mods!

I've emailed several times, haven't heard back yet.
  7. macrumors G5

Jun 27, 2007
    Go to and log in to see if that message is there.

Typically since PayPal is linked to ebay the refund is automatic, IF that email is genuine.

Probably a hacked account. You are not going to hear back.
  8. macrumors G3

Mar 20, 2007
    Definitely a scam.

The wording - eBay would never ever send an email with such bad/informal wording.

Also, I'd remove your eBay username and email address from the quote too ;)
  9. macrumors 6502

Dec 3, 2008
    Germantown MD/ Columbus OH
  10. macrumors regular

May 18, 2006
    I had that happen a few weeks ago and everything worked out fine, I was confused as to why they removed the item after it had ended, but everything went through without a problem.
  11. MrM
    macrumors 6502

Oct 13, 2008
    Here's my experience. (I've been on the other end of this)

I listed an item on eBay; it sold, then within hours my listing was removed. I got an email from eBay saying my listing had been removed etc. (however mine was legit). My listing had indeed been removed and there was no record of it even existing from then on out via eBay.

Then I started getting the fake "PayPal" emails/payments but I knew what was going on by then.

If they payment had already gone through, contact PayPal. They should be able to do something for you. Your seller was scamming you.
  12. macrumors regular

May 18, 2006
    I think they will remove a sellers auctions if they suspend them from eBay, probably just didn't pay his seller fees.