Another good reason to visit your dentist

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by wdlove, Jan 13, 2004.

1. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

2. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

3. wdlove thread starter macrumors P6

wdlove

It is never too late eyelikeart. There is no time like the first of the year to make an appointment. If you see your dentist, then my post will have been worth my time.

Your young age means that you are still OK. I have found that as you get older, your heatlh declines and in particular dental. Dental care is important besides checking for diseases in the mouth, it is also a way to make sure that you can hold onto you teeth for life.

Besides eyelikeart, I hope that everyone that reads this will start to have regular visits.

4. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    yikes!!! i cant wait till my sched visit in 6 months. i think my dentist does a good job tho, shes very thorough ill give her a call about this tho

5. etoiles macrumors 6502a

etoiles

I am going tomorrow morning...just standard cleaning hopefully. But that reminds me that I should get the rest of my body checked sometime, it has been a while.

6. wdlove thread starter macrumors P6

wdlove

I'm happy to hear that you visit your dentist every 6 months. You are correct it is very important to ask informed questions.

7. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

i dont understand people who are afraid to ask their doctor something. I mean thats why i am paying them right, to tell me about my body and whats wrong or good about it. Okay some questions are tough and scary, but i talking simple things which in the long run can be pretty significant. getting a doctor thats easy to talk to and accomodating is quite tough these days.

hehe i made 3 of my doctors switch to mac :D maybe thats why they let me bug them with all the questions

8. straphound macrumors member

I thank God for my Grandfather's dentist everyday. About 2 years ago he went to the dentist with a toothache and the dentist could not find anything wrong with his tooth but told him to visit an oncologist because of a previous patient. It turns out that he had a type of lymphoma that was in his neck, jaw, stomach, and shoulder. The shoulder had actually been hurting him for a few years but being the stubborn person he is, he wouldn't see a doctor about it.

2 years and after many chemo and radiation treatments, he is in remission and will turn 80 in 3 months. The one thing good that came out of the whole thing is that when his hair grew back in after his treatments stopped it was jet black! He had been snow white grey for 10 years and was quite happy about that. :D

9. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

10. wdlove thread starter macrumors P6

wdlove

Thank you, straphound for that great example of why it is so important to visit you dentist. I'm glad that your grandfather had such a great outcome.

I'm not so sure that I would like the black hair. Really enjoy my gray hair.

11. etoiles macrumors 6502a

etoiles

so I went to the dentist today for the routine cleaning, and the first thing she does is the cancer check... I didn't even have time to ask.

Gave me some new confidence in my dentist, very professional. Plus, she said I did a great job cleaning my teeth (especially compared to the last time). Must have been worth investing in an electric toothbrush...:D

12. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

Oddly enough, I found the old "it's time to make an appointment" card yesterday.

I think it's a sign. ;)

13. wdlove thread starter macrumors P6

wdlove

Now take that leap and make an appointment. Your mouth will thank you! If it has been a while since your last visit, have not fear. Visiting the Dentist is virtually painless. ;)