Another good week at the UK refurb store.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by caveman_uk, Sep 7, 2005.

1. caveman_uk Guest

caveman_uk

This week - everything except mini's and ipod's

2. SpaceMagic macrumors 68000

SpaceMagic

£675 for a 1.6 G5 + 17" Monitor (i.e. the iMac) = GOOD DEAL!

3. nomad01 macrumors 68000

nomad01

Yeah I just spotted... iBooks, Powerbooks, Powermacs.

I can't help but wonder if the iPod mini is due for an update. There can't be many left in the country judging by the rate Walkers are giving them away! Every five minutes so that's... hmm... something like 280 a day??

4. GilGrissom macrumors 65816

GilGrissom

Strange...All the Walkers crisps I eat and I still haven't won 1 iPod mini!!

The iPod shuffles will never get to the refurb store will they? Too cheap/small etc?!

5. SpaceMagic macrumors 68000

SpaceMagic

And what's to repair? It's not like they can replace the screen, etc cos there isn't one! Refurb usually means 'was faulty, now repaired.' A faulty Shuffle would get binned.

6. jimN macrumors 6502a

jimN

The refurb seems to include end of line clearance. evidently the walkers deal is all about stock shifting (as well as raising product awareness) but you can't do quite the same thing with an iMac. Shame cos i'd be the first in line for a hundred packs of crisps if they did.

7. nomad01 macrumors 68000

nomad01

LOL I'd be munching my way through them like no tomorrow!!

Although, have you seen that you don't need to buy crisps to get you code? You can get the codes (as many as you want!) by looking at http://www.walkersnpn.com.

I sent myself about 20 codes and at 5.30 this morning when I got up for work, I sent about 5 or 10 off by text message and won myself a mini!

The Walkers website tells you when the busy times are - ie when you have less chance of winning. I don't suppose there can be that many people eating crisps at 4 or 5 in the morning. :)

Steve

8. Euan macrumors regular

Will take a look shortly to see what there is. However, the last few weeks there appears to be a greater range of products appearing. But as some have noted, often end-of-range models/revisions.

9. AlBDamned macrumors 68030

AlBDamned

Here's a Link.

Some of it's out of stock now but they do seem to have got their refurbished asses in gear.

10. GilGrissom macrumors 65816

GilGrissom

I thought so...thanks! :) Shame though!

11. JFreak macrumors 68040

JFreak

12. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

13. Euan macrumors regular

Yep and has done for a while.

14. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Yes but is usually only open on a Wednesday from 10am.

15. scarlets knees macrumors member

mmmm...those 15" pb's are looking nice, I only switched in March and now I want more....better not tell the other half.... if they're still there next week......oh god.......

16. AlBDamned macrumors 68030

AlBDamned

Risky to wait - but risky to buy ;)

17. dcv macrumors G3

Umm, no, they do sell smaller "refreshed" items at the Regent Street store, such as iPod Shuffles, Airport Express base stations etc. If i remember rightly the refreshed shuffles had up to £10 off a couple of weeks ago.

18. GilGrissom macrumors 65816

GilGrissom

Superb! Gotta get down to the Regent Street store at some point! Thanks!

19. dcv macrumors G3

They don't *always* have the refreshed stuff out, i think it might be something like the last weekend of the month but don't quote me on that.

As you go into the store you've got the big glass staircase in the middle. They lay out a table either side - on the left are the big hardware bits - usually a couple of powermacs, the odd display or two, a few imacs and sometimes a few 'books. Last time i was there they had loads of refreshed 12" ibooks including the very latest model with £100 off. On the right of the staircase are all the smaller items and peripherals, most of which seem to have a good 10 to 20% off. I bought a refreshed airport express a couple of months back, which had about £19 off and the unit itself was cosmetically perfect and sealed just like a brand new one.

20. GilGrissom macrumors 65816

GilGrissom

Thanks for that!! I must go down!!

21. nomad01 macrumors 68000

nomad01

I just noticed that the US refurb store has iPod Shuffles so I guess it's possible that we'll see them on the UK store at some point.

Steve