Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Original poster
Oct 27, 2009
I just got the GS3(Red) yesterday. Mainly cause it's a nice phone and AT&T had a promotion. I paid $99 for the phone w/ 2 yr contract renew. And they threw in beats ear buds and a nice case for free. I know I would never get this type of deal for the next iPhone. Still have my iP4 and will hold on to it for awhile.

Was also able to keep my unlimited data and $5 200 text plan.

If the next iPhone is a homerun .... I'll just sell the GS3 and iP4 and buy the new iPhone off contract. But if it's not spectacular, I'll just use the GS3 with the iP4 as backup.

So far I'm happy with the GS3 and enjoying LTE speeds. Batt life is decent so far, but it's only been a day to really judge.

I was also offered the HTC one x for free but passed on that. Now I have to order a 32 or 64gb micro sd card.

Wrathwitch

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2009
I am kinda jealous of the red one!!! Mind you, I do have a cover on mine. I like the pebble blue well enough but would have loved a racy red one!!

Last edited by a moderator:

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Original poster
Oct 27, 2009
I am kinda jealous of the red one!!! Mind you, I do have a cover on mine. I like the pebble blue well enough but would have loved a racy red one!!

Well it's definitely not racy red, It's more of a deep maroon color.

SHiFT.

macrumors member
Aug 6, 2012
Halifax, NS
I got a white one and am very happy with it, but I bet the red one looks superb.

I agree. I just got the white one and love it. Red does look good as well. I was die hard apple and with the S3 i can't say i am going back anytime soon. That is for the iphone.

Mac.World

macrumors 68000
Jan 9, 2011
In front of uranus
I just got the GS3(Red) yesterday. Mainly cause it's a nice phone and AT&T had a promotion. I paid $99 for the phone w/ 2 yr contract renew. And they threw in beats ear buds and a nice case for free. I know I would never get this type of deal for the next iPhone. Still have my iP4 and will hold on to it for awhile.

If the next iPhone is a homerun .... I'll just sell the GS3 and iP4 and buy the new iPhone off contract. But if it's not spectacular, I'll just use the GS3 with the iP4 as backup.

So far I'm happy with the GS3 and enjoying LTE speeds. Batt life is decent so far, but it's only been a day to really judge.

I was also offered the HTC one x for free but passed on that. Now I have to order a 32 or 64gb micro sd card.
Uh hello!!!

worthlesswithoutpics.gif

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Original poster
Oct 27, 2009
Slighty off topic ......

4G LTE signal seems to be amazing all over NYC area. So far I been all over Bklyn, Queens & Manhattan since I got this phone. It's always displayed as using LTE. I haven't seen a 3G or E symbol yet. Everytime I do a speed test I'm getting at least 20dwn and 13up, which is why I believe the LTE symbol is correctly displayed. The highest so far was 36dwn and 15up. I've also noticed that known dead spots where 3G just does not work at all, 4G LTE does just fine.

pear21

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2012
Michigan

Where did you get this deal??

Dolorian

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2007
Very cool! Nice picts, I am planning to get the S3 or the Nexus around next month or so, can't wait :)

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV

I have also seen a black one said to be coming out. But its black. Ive had black phones for years so it isnt exciting to me even though it did look nice.

----------

I got a white one and am very happy with it, but I bet the red one looks superb.

6c32996c-e917-86e6.jpg

In Black

black-gs3.jpg

Wrathwitch

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2009
I have come to the conclusion (other than the red colour), that the SSGS3 is an ugly looking phone LOL!

Seriously, don't get me wrong, I have one and it works well but I have been wondering what is it about the phone that keeps me from loving it and I really believe it is the look!

Also, anyone who owns one, other than me, find that you sometimes pick up the phone and press the ear piece vs the home button? They look the same and if you are not paying attention, I have picked up the phone upside down too many times LOL!

I even liked the Nexus form factor better. Now I don't plan on replacing it or anything, but I have to finally confess, I don't think the form factor is attractive. It doesn't feel or look cheap, it just lacks personality!

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
I have come to the conclusion (other than the red colour), that the SSGS3 is an ugly looking phone LOL!

Seriously, don't get me wrong, I have one and it works well but I have been wondering what is it about the phone that keeps me from loving it and I really believe it is the look!

Also, anyone who owns one, other than me, find that you sometimes pick up the phone and press the ear piece vs the home button? They look the same and if you are not paying attention, I have picked up the phone upside down too many times LOL!

I even liked the Nexus form factor better. Now I don't plan on replacing it or anything, but I have to finally confess, I don't think the form factor is attractive. It doesn't feel or look cheap, it just lacks personality!

Uh , nope. Havent done that. I havent given the look of it much thought. I dont think there is anything wrong with it. Still wish it had a home capacitive button but , i dont use the home button much.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.