Another inexpensive TPU case from ebay

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by silverblack, Jun 11, 2010.

1. macrumors 68000

silverblack

I found this TPU gel case from ebay. It is very similar to the other reviewed earlier (may be even the same):
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=905936

Anyway, this one is shipped from Ontario, Canada (costs $15, $0 shipping to Canada and USA). I am located in the same region, and received it in 4 working days. The seller name is canadian_gadget.

I am very happy with the quality of this. It fits very tightly, and the glossy finish gives you a firm grip.

Attached Files:

2. macrumors regular

Thanks for posting!! Looks like a nice option for an (almost) naked iPad!

3. macrumors 65816

It's the same exact one.

4. thread starter macrumors 68000

silverblack

5. macrumors 6502

KameronBriggs

I also picked one up off of ebay for 10.70 exactly. Shipping was slow, but it was worth it.
    Here are some pics:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There's a few things that are weird about it. The right side is a different shape than the left, but it doesn't really bother me. I almost spent 50 bucks on a Grip Vue. This will do just fine.

6. macrumors regular

RoarinRow

For 10 bucks and Free shipping, what's not to love about it! Thanks for posting this.

7. thread starter macrumors 68000

silverblack

Thanks for sharing. The TPU material of yours seems to be more transparent than mine, which is a bit frosted. I also like the hole cutting of yours better, but I don't think I can stand the two strips on the back, symmetric or not.

8. macrumors 6502a

Haha I cancelled mine because I didn't like the hole that may trap some dust in the long run. I like OP's the most, although I've ordered one with 2 side shapes.

9. thread starter macrumors 68000

silverblack

I agree, most of the TPU cases on ebay have that big circle hole exposing the Apple logo, and it's such a bad idea. I bet they'd sell more without that hole.

10. macrumors regular

I think they had ones with holes in the beginning but now they've smartened up

11. macrumors 6502

KameronBriggs

Do you mean the holes around the buttons and headphone Jack and stuff? Cuz those are the only holes. The back is super clear where it kinda looks like nothing is there,

12. thread starter macrumors 68000

silverblack

Yes, I like the holes for the buttons and headphone jack on yours better. Only if they'd take out those dark curvey pattern on the back, that would be the perfect case! Until then, I'd stick with mine.