Another Instal Problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Nomad OSX, Apr 11, 2005.

1. Nomad OSX macrumors newbie

For starters, hello!. I nice to know this community exists, I am sure most of you know what I mean :eek:

For the record, I just got this Mac so... I barely know how to use this puppy. My problem is that I had Garage Band 1.0 installed, I included the Jam Pack 1 with it. Everything was working fine, until I installed Jam Pack 4. The sound were displayed but for some odd reason it wouldn't open them. So me trying to do things in a rush, decided to uninstall all Garage Band related files, so I can just re-install them again (for kicks). Thanks to my lack of knowledge, I couldn't find a "uninstall" option, So the next thing I did was delete all the files.

Thanks to my intelligent action, now I can't re-install it :( . I have ilife 04, and everytime I try to install this appears:

iLife cannot be installed on this computer.

This installation cannot proceed because one of the following applications is running:
    ***GarageBand
    ***iTunes
    ***iPhoto
    ***iMovie
    ***iDVD

Please quit these apps before installation.

The thing is that nothing is active, so I really am stressing out here. Did I deleted the wrong thing?. Is it the operating system? (MAC OS X 10.3.8 single processor g4).

Please, if anyone has any idea... Please advice.

Thank you

2. darcybaston macrumors newbie

I'm having the problem but on my ibook:

iBook G4 933MHz 14"
    OS X 10.3.9

Let's keep looking and figure this out!

3. darcybaston macrumors newbie

AHA! Installing the items individually works. This from an Applecare search on Sherlock:
    It's not referencing our problem per se, but it solved my problem.