another iPod?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by MrSugar, Dec 2, 2004.

1. MrSugar macrumors 6502a

MrSugar

Hey there everyone,

So I posted on here about a month ago that I had my iPod stolen. It was a new 40 gig with a iSkin case, I loved it (only about 1 week old when it was taken). So now I am thinking I would like to get another one, mainly because I HATE working out without music, and I am finding myself less and less motivated to go.

I have looked into some of those cheapo flash mp3 drives to hold me over until I decide to buy a new iPod, but I just don't think it is worth the money. So I am here to ask, should I just bite the bullet and get another iPod? I don't have money laying around, but I could probably afford to get one if I was concious about my spending for a while. I am thinking a 20 gig with an engraving. I don't think I am willing to spend the extra cash on getting another 40 gig, even though it was really nice to have.

Just curious if anyone else has been in this situation, maybe had their iPod break and decided to get another one or something?

2. morkintosh macrumors regular

if all you really use it for is working out then just get a mini; it's cheaper and easier to conceal.

3. stevehaslip macrumors 6502a

stevehaslip

how did your last one get stolen? were you the person who fell asleep on the bus and woke up and it was gone or was that someone else?

4. StarbucksSam macrumors 65816

StarbucksSam

I'm sorry that someone was enough of an ingrate/miscreant to steal your iPod. My Dad, however, thought that someone stole his - and he found it about a month later. If you're going to bite the bullet, look at your song library and buy the cheapest thing it will fit on. That may even be the mini.

An engraving is not a bad idea but it will hurt resale value.

5. MrSugar thread starter macrumors 6502a

MrSugar

Well, it got stolen off my desk at work. I have looked everywhere, talked to a bunch of people.. it is definitely gone.

I have 25 gigs of music, which is why I got the 40 gig in the first place, but now I am considering just getting a 20 gig and working with that. A mini is a good idea, I love them, but I just need more space than that.. 4 gigs isn't enough in my opinion.

6. stevehaslip macrumors 6502a

stevehaslip

ahh, ok different person. but it still sucks all the same. i would go for the 40 gig if it were me but thats alot of money that you'd be spending again. its your call but i can't go anywhere without my iPod!

7. wesleyJ macrumors member

have you thought about buying a refurb 40gig from the apple store? they are $329...

8. MrSugar thread starter macrumors 6502a

MrSugar

Wow, actually that's a really good idea. thanks, I will look into it more.

For the mean time my gf had an extra nomad Muvo around, so maybe I will use that until I get a few more dollars. At least it will be music for when I go to the gym.