another iTunes 7 concern

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mannix87, Oct 31, 2006.

1. mannix87 macrumors 6502

Nov 16, 2005
    in the southeast
    not a biggie but more for my curiousity.

I use both a Mac (w/ iTunes 7) and a PC (with iTunes 6), I wanted the option of uploading songs into my iPod using two different libraries in both my computers. But for some reason, I can't upload songs into my 5G iPod anywmore using my PC library. So what I do is I perform a manual transfer of files either via ethernet/flash drive from the PC to the Mac and uploading it via its iTunes 7 library. Not really a hassle but I'm just wondering why my iPod (although the PC library recognizes it) can't seem to accept new files directly from iTunes 6; when it worked fine before iTunes 7 came out. anyone here knows why?

I don't want to upgrade to itunes 7 in my PC because of all the bugs that havent been sorted out in that version. oh, and all my iPods are on Windows format.
  2. A.Fairhead macrumors member

Jul 10, 2006
    Your iPod will be assigned to a specific library once you 'set it up'. If you want to swap libraries, it will wipe the iPod and start over (for anti-piracy, of course).

You could make use of the library share features of iT7, but that would require you to upgrade :p The only options with iT6 that I can think of of are:

1) what you're doing right now
    2) Make your library in a shared folder so that both machines have access to it (whether that will work cross-platform or not, I don't know)

Hope that helps any :)