another iTunes + iPod mode launched in China

Discussion in 'iPod' started by KKKL, Nov 16, 2005.

1. KKKL macrumors 6502

One of the largest manufactures of mp3 player in China, aigo, launched a music store recently (www.aigomusic.com). With the support of Sony BMG, EMI, MTV and some local record companies, the music store offer musics, music videos and even pre-orders.
    Price: RMB 0.99/song and 1.99/music video (RMB 8.5=$1.00), very very cheap!
    All songs are wma format.
    The most interesting is that when you click a album, the latest news of the artist will also be displayed.

Personally, I hope Apple launch music stores in China, Hong Kong, Taiwan and Macow. I hate wma.
    Kill 4 birds with 1 stone, right?

2. cleanup macrumors 68030

cleanup

An iTMS in China would be beaut. However, while iPods are popular here, so is piracy. :)

I don't think many Chinese would be willing to shell out ANY money for a song when they could easily download it off the fast and free http://mp3.baidu.com ... even expatriates use Baidu. I've never purchased from the iTMS.

There is one song I would like to get that's only on the iTMS though... so... maybe. =\

Our House by Phantom Planet. Anyone wanna buy it for me? :D

3. KKKL thread starter macrumors 6502

aigo can open music store in China, why can't apple?
    If one Chinese in one hundred buys a song, that is ... caculating... more than 14 million. And if they buy ten songs a year?
    I'd love to purchase legal songs for just only RMB 0.99.
    Besides, a China iTMS will boost the selling of iPod as well as Macs.