Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rEd Eye

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 28, 2001
Even though I've been assured that it is not so,I can't help get the feeling that subject matter gets removed from this site when not deemed appropriate for Apple marketing.I was just here yesterday,in the hardware rumours forum where there was a topic regarding the Geforce 4 MX and screen flashes that people were experiencing.This is not the first I've heard of it,as well as I experience these proplems.Now to the best of my knowledge,this thread has been removed,or I am unable to find it?
As far as I'm concerned,this is information that perspective apple customers should be made aware of,not hidden from!
Or I may need glasses:D

Ensign Paris

macrumors 68000
Nov 4, 2001
Europe
I hadn't noticed that, maybe the guy who originally posted it decided to delete it because his card started to work?

Ensign

britboy

macrumors 68030
Nov 4, 2001
Argentina
i would have thought that there is enough anti-apple content posted here to dissuade such thoughts. We've had rumours/comments about firmware glitches, dead pixels, etc etc, and those threads haven't been removed.

Ensign Paris

macrumors 68000
Nov 4, 2001
Europe
For real Pro and Anti apple check out ihateapple.coms forums. For some reason Mac people are the most frequent visitors, keep up the defending, you can see my posts they are the one that contain 48 or more swear words.

Ensign

IndyGopher

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2001
Indianapolis, IN
Can't comment on whether the thread got deleted or whatever, but I can relate a similar story... I have a GeForce 3 Ti200 in a Gateway P4, that ALSO has that "flashing" problem. I am beginning to think that nVidia cards + flat panel monitors (at least with DVI, or ADC) is just a Bad Thing. I haven't noticed any problems with the GeForce 3 in my dual 800 G4 + Apple 17" but then I have never run a full-screen game on it, either... I think flat panels suck for games... and that's all the nVidias seem to made for.. so maybe it's just a situation that they ignored (Game + flat panel (digital only, with VGA connector I haven't seen this problem)) Anyone else have any similar experiences?

rEd Eye

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 28, 2001
I get the screen flashes on my AGP driven Sony Trinitron G400 monitor,so it is not just a digital problem.So far as I know this occurs in os X and os 9,so it is presumably a hardware issue.I can't remember where,but I saw screen shots from someone who had it bad enough that they could take a screen shot of it.This individual was trying to get Apple to replace the machine as it had just been purchased.Apple however could not "reproduce"the problem in their lab,so they basicly said"sorry,it's your problem now".I think that attitude sucks.If you buy something brand new for thousands of dollars from a"reputable"corporatian such as Apple,the product should be flawless when received,and if not,exchanged immediately in whole at consumer demand,with no B.S.
Maybe I ought to wander over to ihateapple.com.I might at last find my niche in the Apple community.....
Of course I hate MS too,so where does that leave me?Command line driven linux?ouch!

Beej

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2002
I have a QAg 933... I've had a GeForce2MX-400 (PC) and a GeForce4MX in it. I have never had this problem in X or 9.

rEd Eye

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 28, 2001
Ouch!Where did that come from?

Yep!I must really need glasses:D
I only scanned the topics four or five times.....just to be sure!
I'll just crawl back into my cave now...and never come out!......:confused:
I deserve to be chained for six months to a pentium 1 ,133Mhz piece of crap running windows 95.
Sorry to waste space.

Grokgod

macrumors 6502a
even if its before 7 working days/

Couldnt that person return his 3000 $ computer within the 7 working days to apple? Seems to me that there is a law that allows or gaurds any customer for a min of 7 days from being ripped off, if apple is stupid enough to treat their customers like that then there is the law to protect the consumer!

i asked apple about this before buying my iMac and they said that i could return my iMac for any reason that i want within the 7 days , custom config or not! Also credit cards protect from ripoff artists so they can return or dispute it with a credit card company.

Apple may be stupid enough to make foolish statements like, your stuck with it, loser! But i think that there are options!

Please correct me if i am wrong or if anyone has better information on this subject.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Re: even if its before 7 working days/

Originally posted by Grokgod
Couldnt that person return his 3000 $ computer within the 7 working days to apple?

I think you got lost in the threads. You we're trying to post here or are you trying to prove a point that somethings not working?

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
I also am having the problem with an NEC 1810X 18" LCD connected via VGA to the GeForce4 MX in my DP 1Ghz G4, is this something we're just going to have to put up with?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.