another MPB thread

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by edwardcheah, Oct 30, 2006.

1. edwardcheah macrumors newbie

So i like many have decided to not wait for the Macbook to get C2D and just get the low end MPB. I'm thinking of just boasting the RAM to 2GB and keeping everything the same. However now i'm not sure wheather to get it glossy screen or not. When Macbook was released with only glossy it was quite a topic of debate but i was looking at the official MPB thread and seems like alot of people are going with glossy ...

2. shecky Guest

shecky

thank god someone started another glossy vs. matte thread!

3. Planner Dude macrumors 6502

If you like the shiny-ness and don't care about occasional glare....then get glossy.

If you'd rather paly it safe then get the matte and don't care about the shine factor gette the matte.....

There really is no straight answer...just go to the store and look for yourself.

trust your gut instincts.....:D

4. prady16 macrumors 6502

prady16

My 2 cents:
    Even though the colors and pictures look better on Glossy than on Matte, the Matte screen still has awesome picture quality and it is worth the anti-glare if you get frustrated easily with the reflection off your screen.

5. kettle macrumors 65816

kettle

Glossy is OK...

...except I find myself getting distracted by the reflection of my own fingers, sometimes, on particularly bad days, I can suddenly catch sight of two huge spiders peering back at me through my excel spread sheet.

I think I'll order the matte screen next time.:(

6. CaptainCaveMann macrumors 68000

CaptainCaveMann

7. walleyealx macrumors member

glossy is so much better!!!

the colors and everything are very crisp and it makes the machine seem more valuable