Another needs help with airport extreme connecting to the net

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by lazyboy922, Apr 7, 2005.

1. lazyboy922 macrumors 6502

lazyboy922

I finally got my dsl installed today, and my powerbook connects fine to the internet when i plug it in to the router, but when i try to connect from aiport, the airport just blinks orange. I have tried restarting it and unplugging things like i have read in other posts, but it did not work. My powerbook also connects to the extreme just fine. I just can't seem to get the internet to work. Is there anything special i need to configure on it?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

don

2. superbovine macrumors 68030

superbovine

could you post some more information.

did your dsl work before hand? were you using software to connect your dsl or a broadband router? Have you called your phone company and asked if you need to register a router (airport express, to the tech person just say router) before you can use it? sometimes the phone company block access to unauthorized devices. what settings are you using to connect? who is your dsl provider? Did you reboot your modem?

3. lazyboy922 thread starter macrumors 6502

lazyboy922

Well i kinda got it to work, i had to hook up my net gear wireless router, and use the express to connect to that so i can still play my itunes music. Didn't get it set up like i thought, but it works nontheless, so im happy.