Another New PowerMac 970 Image?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by KershMan, Jun 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macrumors 6502

2. thread starter macrumors 6502

By the way, notice the cheese grater look on top that was reported in another thread?

Hoax or a real possibility?

3. macrumors 65816

mrjamin

4. macrumors regular

Man do I hope this is the real deal, this thing looks amazing. The Aluminum look is super cool, much better then the white(not that it looked bad). Too bad im still in school so a tower is not in my future any time soon, so Im just waiting for the 15 update to sell my iBook.

5. macrumors 68040

applemacdude

doesnt match the descriptions

6. macrumors regular

I agree with the corresponding article's assessment that it could be a prototype box. Apple's industrial design studio is famed for it's creative prototypes - there was even a book published of units that never made it to production.

I would probably place my money on this being a current or recently passed-over prototype. It sort of looks like Apple design from 2 years ago, not Apple today.

That, or it could be a well excecuted 3D fake.

As an aside, I rather do like the design. Sort of a Cube meets QuickSilver idea. Compared with the recent "hoax", it's sleeker. But then, I really really liked the "hoax" design - contrary to popular opinion.

7. macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

if you have listen to the rumors this machine fits, cheese grate grill,slotted optical drive at top, handles still there but less intrusive,blends with current and maybe future displays,longer narrower board, colors match,apple styling, i think this is it. now how will it perform and can it run UT2003 without stuttering???my 800 powermac can not even with its 1 gig mem and geforce3. Now what kind of video card is in this thing??? this is a beautiful concept and would go with what apple has done. Dam it if this is it my wife Has to let me get one.

8. macrumors 68030

mnkeybsness

if apple puts out a powermac with only a one optical drive capability i'm going to dookie in my pants.

9. macrumors 6502a

Vlade

I love apple, but for every giant cool thing they do there is one small pet peeve they refuse to fix...

10. macrumors regular

hmm, yeah, fake. it's a guy on another board's rendition. can't remember where. nice, tho..

11. macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I'd say it looks like a garbage can and that it's missing another spot for a 2nd optical drive, but there was already a misunderstanding about the joke. :eek: It's a brilliant design. Its a fake, but I sure hope Apple can come up with something that's THIS beautiful.

Is the picture shown here a vertically stretched version of the picture of the other thread? They're the same picture, but this one seems taller. :confused:

And won't dust collect in the cheese grater?

12. macrumors 6502a

jimthorn

Uh... no. There's no way that's it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.