Another Newbie Question

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by markintosh, Jul 6, 2004.

1. markintosh macrumors member

Jul 4, 2004
    Boise, ID
    Thanks to all for the quick questions to my questions.

I've run into another issue before I get my Mac (Getting a good deal on a 12" Powerbook from a buddy of mine).

My wife has a Compaq Ipaq Pocket PC. She uses this for all of her addresses, appointments, etc. We are going to order her an Mini Ipod, which I know will display all of this information, but it won't let her make appointments on it. She would have to write down the info and then sync the Ipod at home. This kind of defeats the purpose of being able to do it all quick.

Anyway, onto my question, Is there a way to sync a Pocket PC (Microsoft OS) to a Mac? (And the Mac does have Office on it).

Thanks in advance!
  2. mklos macrumors 68000

Dec 4, 2002
    My house!
    Try this to sync your Pocket PC to your Mac:

If that doesn't work then just do a Google search for Pocket PC syncing with Mac OS X and you'll get a few different results.

The Mac comes with AppleWorks 6, but does NOT come with Microsoft Office for OS X. That will cost you an extra $139 for the Student Version of Office 2004 for OS X. Its a very good buy though and it works absolutely seamlessly with the PC version of Office. AppleWorks 6 will read/write Word, and Excel documents, but I haven't found it to work very well. Office 2004 for OS X is your best bet.
  3. varmit macrumors 68000

Aug 5, 2003
    Something like these right. Missing Sync I think is concidered the best.

Missing Sync:

Pocket Mac:
  4. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

Jan 6, 2004
    only the consumer macs such as the ibooks and imacs come with Appleworks pre-installed, the powerbooks and powermacs come with a test drive of Office
  5. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

Feb 2, 2002
    guys, he has office. said so.

The Missing Sync is what i've heard best results about...